Poll: Price charged for install and wireless service?

Im relatively new to the Canopy WISP scene but just curious (if the moderators will allow it?) to see what others charge/pay per month for the wireless service and more importantly installation fee? Do you make your customers buy the equipment?

FYI we charge $150/install and $38/month and the equipment stays ours.

prices charged will vary drastically depending on where you are and the market conditions… supply vs demand…

SOHO Plan - 1.5Mbps x 750k - 99/mo

Business2000 - 2Mbps x 2Mbps - 179/mo

Business3000 - 3Mbps x 3Mbps - 249/mo

All installs 299. Currently running free install on Business3000

We own the radio and dish. Customer buys the router.

vj- I realize that the price is location/demand specific.

Jerry- What equipment are you running for the 1.5 x 750 connection?
Ignorant question, what does SOHO stand for?

SOHO = Small Office / Home Office

900MHz

256 x 128 - 19.99/mo (Purchased Equipment)
256 x 128 - 29.99/mo (Rent equipment)
256 x 256 = + $2

99.99 Installation

All plans include 1.5MB downlink burst and 512KB burst uplink.

mhussey wrote:
What equipment are you running for the 1.5 x 750 connection?

We have a mix of 900, 2.4, and 5.7.

We use the 900 to get out past 12 miles, and for those customers we only offer the SOHO plan.

Inside 12 miles we use 5.7 and offer all three services.

The 2.4 is used very sparingly due to higher potential for interference.

I dont think I have ever seen speeds of 1.5/750 from our 900 SMs. Most link to the hill at 1.2 or so down and 300 or so up.

This is the latest speed test I have done (head end is feed w/ 1 T1 and a second one is in place waiting for the Sonicwall to be configured):

Total Tests Taken: 8
Fastest Download: 1298 kb/s
Fastest Upload: 304 kb/s
Average Download: 703 kb/s
Average Upload: 273 kb/s

RJK and others-For those stating say a 256x256 link, do you have additional software inplace to manage these speeds or are you somehow doing it through the SM?

Thank you for the SOHO explaination, I figure it had something to do with small office. Makes sense, I think I remember reading that Jerry provides to businesses only-no residential customers.

Again, I am new to the Canopy scene and am trying to become better educated on the system as whole. I hope someday I will be able to go to a school or seminar on this stuff to clarify the many questions I have. Reading online and posting a bit here and there has helped me out thanks to you- the online members :slight_smile:

Bandwidth is configured through the SM here…

If I were to let the radios go full out, I’ve seen speeds around 3.23mb/2.1mb in 2x mode on average.

edit: also, is that a dedicated T1?

Yes, the only thing tied to the T1 from our provider is our servers. Seems to me like we could configure something(s) better if others are seeing much better rates. :?

I have 2x Bonded MLPPP T1 lines.

I typically see ~1.7 down and ~450 per SM.

However, that is in 1x mode.

I haven’t tried 2x with it.

900 MHz

$139.00 install, we own the gear

$39.95/month in town

$49.95/month rural

All accounts are a 2yr contract with $150 early termination fee.

We have a 3XT1 MLPPP upstream link, and our best links see 3000K/1200K.

Average is probably 1900K/750K. Bandwidth enforced in Prizm, only kicks in after 50Meg traffic in a very small window of time. We have 250+ clients on the 4.5M pipe, and probably need to go to 6M this summer.

Oops, just noticed I had a typo in the down rate for our best links, meant 3000, not 2000. – CVS

Just upped from 2xT1 MLPPP to 4xT1 MLPPP (6mbit) at < 200 SMs

Averaging ~512kbps throughput for all wireless customers with peak use hitting 1.5mbps. Strongly thinking about implementing bursting as a whole.

I dont think I have ever seen speeds of 1.5/750 from our 900 SMs. Most link to the hill at 1.2 or so down and 300 or so up.

What type of link tests are you getting from the SM to the AP

rjk: I highly recommend making use of the moto built-in bandwidth controls. All clients get full speed for browsing, and heavy users get throttles as necessary. Works like a champ.

cvs wrote:
rjk: I highly recommend making use of the moto built-in bandwidth controls. All clients get full speed for browsing, and heavy users get throttles as necessary. Works like a champ.

What bandwidth controls are you speaking about?

Uplink/Downlink MIR coupled with Up/Down Burst?

I currently use Uplink/Downlink of 128/256 and have started implementing Bursting of 12288kilobits down and 4096kilobits up.

Yep, that’s the stuff.

Jerry to answer your early post, I see 99-100% down and 100% up at all times. Just wondering if I can change the configuration to make improvements.

The % tells you the efficiency, but what is the actual raw data rate?

Uplink RATE:

Downlink RATE:

Oopps, sorry:

1,333,248 down (96%)
257,536 up (89%)

On a side note, I just found out another company has setup a canopy system on the same tower we have an AP and are using the same 900AP / 5.7 BH equipment. I noticed in the past two weeks (since they set it up) that two of our sites registered SMs went high on the jitter (usually 1-2, now any wheres from 1-9). Will/can this cause this? The RSSI levels have stayed the same, the hills being bothered are 20+ and 40+ miles apart, and both of us are using CMM Micros with GPS sync??