Poll: Price charged for install and wireless service?

Yes, this can cause issues. Check your freqs against theirs and coordinate. Also check your downlink data percentage parameters in your BH and 900 gear against theirs. These parameters partially dictate timing for Tx and Rx of the radios.

Typical link test on an SM in 1X at 3 Miles with the AP DL 60%

Downlink RATE: 1327616 bps
Uplink RATE: 802816 bps
Downlink Efficiency: 100 Percent
Uplink Efficiency: 100 Percent

We run at 60% because our customers need higher upload speeds than typical residential customers.

Re: Cooperating with other Canopy Operators:

Make sure you are both on GPS - ideally a CMM but a SyncPipe will do.

All AP’s need Same:
- # Control Slots
- Max Distance
- Downlink %
- Transmit Frame Spreading = Off

Also and msmith suggests, you need to work together to separate your freq’s as much as possible as it will help you both.

You have 3 non-overlapping freqs: 906, 915, 924. If you need to use the same freq’s, try to have them on AP’s facing away from each other.

Turn off 2X rate (it won’t matter if they leave it on but your stuff will run better)

BE DIPLOMATIC!!! They may not be having issues right now, but as your both add subscribers it will compound the problem exponentially.

And make sure you are both using GPS sync, or the only thing you can do is make sure you’re as far apart as possible frequency-wise, and deal with the remaining interference. With sync, you should be able to co-exist nicely.

As usual, Jerry beat me to it with a better answer… :lol:

Thanks for the tips, we were running one ap @ 912 on an omni, they are using 6 APs on the non overlapping 906,915,924. I will make sure TFS is off.

I wish I knew why everyone else that posts shows higher upload rates than ours (we are running @ 75%).

If they are causing you pain, you are causing them pain. It’s in both of your interest to co-ordinate.

TFS is a last ditch effort to keep your radios running with other non-coordinated Canopy gear.

I don’t want to presume to tell you how to run your business, but have you considered merging with the new guys? If you have enough subscribers, you might get a decent percentage of the company.

For our basic service we charge $295 installation which covers our installation labor and first month of service and our activation fee. The next two months are $95 and $65 thereafter with no bandwidth controls. Wireless routers are $5 more and business class service is $85/month.

Residential / home office install is $199.

Business install $299

Residential Service $49
Business Service $79

We maintain ownership of all the equipment.

Our only compettion for broadband is satelite service which is more expensive.

We are able to use tower infrastructure belonging to our parent company which keeps our costs pretty low.

Graham MacDonald
Manager - Wireless Services
TNC Wireless

I’m curious, if your only competition is satellite, why are your prices so low?

You are half the cost and there is NO comparison between a well tuned Canopy system and satellite.

Perhaps offer tiered services?

2yr contract $449 install and $59 a month
5yr contract $149 install and $59 a month

Offer up to 3Mbps down and 1Mbps up. Depending on customers location.

We also have a business plan for SOHO customers for $79 a month.

Most of our customers are on 900mhz but we also have 5.7 and 2.4 setup.

149.99 install 2yr contract 150 early termination.

Residential - no public IP’s

Basic 512/256 down 128 up 39.95mo
Bronze 768/384 down 256 up 49.95mo
Silver 1000/512 down 384 up 59.95mo
Gold 1500/768 down 384 up 79.95mo

WE use 5.7, 900 canopy and Tranzeo 24 on small pops.

skvelocity - how are your 5yr contracts going?

We sell the client the equipment with a 12 months guarantee,we charge for faulty equipment after 12 months,For SM,WRT54GL Router,PAP2 ATA,an analogue phone ,Public IP address,Telephone number and account

720USD

128k/512k…40US

256k/1024k… 50US

256k/512k…70US (free nat/int calls to landlines)

Our competion in a Metro area comes from ADSL,Cable,and other WISPs,we only lose clients when they move or die,as they are reluctant to change service providers having purchased the equipment.Inbetween satellite and cable installs we manage about 60 internet installs a month.
Quite often we have to spend a lot of time at the clients running cables as we always “fish” through internal tubing,we also clean up the clients PC,secure the Router ,make test phone calls etc.A two man team rarely does more than 3 installs in a day.