PPPoE Problem EPMP 1000

I'm having problems with the pppoe dial from SM. When enabled NAT, the equipment does not dial the PPPoE. When in bridge mode, you can make the dial with a laptop connected to the LAN port from the SM.
The concentrator I'm connected to is a mikrotik. Don't error log appears in the Mikrotik. Already tested with versions 2.4 and 2.4.1. Could anyone help?

There are errors in the SM logs?

Hello,

I'm thinking there is a configuration mismatch between the PPPoE server and the client.

- Are you assigning a static IP address to the SM or is the PPPoE server assigning an ip address (dynamic)?

- Do you have the PPPoE server configured to support PAP/CHAP authentication?

- Are you using an unique Access Concentrator and Service Name or are you leaving those parameters blank in the SM PPPoE configuration (they are optional)?

Thanks,

Luis

hi bomtempo

i had same problems

dissable pap / chap authentication 

only works with mschap

regards

Ginebra,

I'm a bit confused by your recommendation. The ePMP SM PPPoE client does not support MSCHAP. It only supports PAP/CHAP. Disabling these two protocols will not allow the ePMP PPPoE client to authenticate.

Regards,

Luis

Do you have the PPPoE server configured to support PAP/CHAP authentication? - Are you using an unique Access Concentrator and Service Name or are you leaving those parameters blank in the SM PPPoE configuration (they are optional)????

http://www.esixsigma.co]lean

I have notices service name must match on CPE and NOC router

Never seen this beofre but it seems to matter with ePMP