Prizm 3 on Win2003 (a few issues)

We moved our Prizm 2.1 on Nix to v3 on Win2003, no problem there, in fact we moved the database to a centralized mySQL database that gets replicated and that made migrating a snap.

Any how, two issues I have with the new v3 on Windows.

1) The Element Proxy service works fine, we can open the web page of the SM’s and AP’s but on the AP’s we cannot open the “sessions” page, gives an error. All other links work fine.

2) Tomcat/Apache service in the “service control panel” doesn’t start, throws some sort of error, the Windows event log doesn’t show anything specific.

What we do now is run the start_tomcat.bat file in 'bin’tomcat to get the webserver going.

Anybody else here running v3 on Windows2003? Have you run across either of these problems?

How are you starting your Prizm Server under Win2003, via Services, Startup folder, etc?

TIA!

I haven’t seen those issues.

Prizm starts up through the installed service on the w2k3 box just fine.

Win2003 works just fine for me on start up service just had to adjust the prizm server start delay a bit.

mikeg wrote:
We moved our Prizm 2.1 on Nix to v3 on Win2003, no problem there, in fact we moved the database to a centralized mySQL
2) Tomcat/Apache service in the "service control panel" doesn't start, throws some sort of error, the Windows event log doesn't show anything specific.

What we do now is run the start_tomcat.bat file in \'bin\'tomcat to get the webserver going.

Anybody else here running v3 on Windows2003? Have you run across either of these problems?

How are you starting your Prizm Server under Win2003, via Services, Startup folder, etc?

TIA!

Hello Mike,

we've just installed the Prizm3.0 on a Windows2003 Server for one of our customers and have the same problem concerning the Tomcat/Apache service in the "service control panel".
Well, at the moment we are doing the same workaround using the .bat file, but it's not a good solution for a customer machine ...
All I could find searching the internet is that it may be a problem with the memory allocation on java side for the Apache Tomcat (the Win2003 server has 2GB RAM by the way), but as the Tomcat server here is an adapted one we've not been able up to now to test it with other configuration options.

Did you find a solution for this?

Regards

Gernot

Nothing yet. We are probably just going to reinstall the OS and then the prizm packages. There are some other odd things going on and it isn’t worth digging through all the cruft to sort them out.

If a fresh install fixes the problems I’ll post a follow up.

I was having the same problem with the sevice not starting correctly on our windows 2003 server recently. This was on a machine that just had windows reloaded on it. I found the solution to my problem from a post here:
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5243681

I had to copy the dll file msvcr71.dll to the windows’system32 directory. Once I did that, the service started up with no problems.

-Patrick