Prizm fails to load on server reboot.

On reboot of our Prizm server using Redhat EL, prizm will not start with the following entry in the log file.

07/11/06 11:42:57 SEVERE SYSTEM Start Server failed: Failed to startup required Prizm Service: Canopy.Prizm.BAMManager
07/11/06 11:42:57 SEVERE SYSTEM EXCEPTION: com.mot.canopy.prizm.core.InvalidConfigurationException: Failed to startup required Prizm Service: Canopy.Prizm.BAMManager
07/11/06 11:42:57 SEVERE SYSTEM Prizm Server Failed to Start. See above errors.

I typically can go in and restart prizm after a couple of moments (/etc/init.d/prizm restart) and it comes up perfectly.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Clint Wilson
KC Online, Inc

It sure sounds like a dependency problem if you can start it afterwards. I would check to see if you can delay the startup of this service.

Hope this helps…

MRVNet wrote:
It sure sounds like a dependency problem if you can start it afterwards. I would check to see if you can delay the startup of this service.

Hope this helps...

Yeah, same thing I thought so I moved the scripts in init.d to another location and called those scripts from rc.local after I had a sleep 60 line in there. Still no joy there, so I moved it all in to rc and created a shell script called s99prizm that loads prizm and tomcat with sleep statements there as well and still no joy.

So I am at a lost by moving the script to S99 and dropping it virtually in every runtime level it should have been the last thing that loaded. Assuming I am understanding linux's order of loading things. I am a FreeBSD guy and wish I could put Prizm on BSD (I tried just to big of a headache.).

Will study more about RH's order of operations for startup and see if I can make heads or tails of this.

Thanks for your reply.