Prizm Patch 6 is released

Canopy Technical Support has released Prizm Patch 6. The patch and can be found on the Canopy website http://motorola.motowi4solutions.com/software/

The following issues are addressed in Patch 6, but please download the Prizm patch 6 Release Notes for more details.

1) Mass Authentication Failures

2) Management IP Not Discovered

3) Database Lockup

4) Prizm Unresponsive After Element Deletion

admin wrote:
3) Database Lockup

Are there any plans to handle the nodemgr_element_attribute table a bit better in future releases? Defaults of varchar(1500) for all those hundreds of fields (plus no indexing) is the biggest hog of resources on our server.

I did the upgrade to patch6 as I did the same way for p5 (according to Release notes) and the Prizm server is unable to start. Reverting back to p5 all is running as expected. Any comments?

I too am experiencing this problem. The error I am receiving when I try and start the server is:
Starting CanopyPrizmServer: execvp: Permission denied

jsutton wrote:
I too am experiencing this problem. The error I am receiving when I try and start the server is:
Starting CanopyPrizmServer: execvp: Permission denied

If this is running on a linux OS I would check the permissions of the files. I have no idea what they would need to be, but I would imagine 755 or something similar (we run Prizm on Windows).

I had the same issue. Try this:
chmod 755 /usr/local/Canopy/Prizm/bin/*

The files to start the services aren’t executable. This can be easily verified with:
ls -l /usr/local/Canopy/Prizm/bin/

Charlie