Problem installing BAM 2.0

I have installed license manager and bam 2.0 on RH9 server, updated, to satisfy the requirements.

After instalation,
/usr/local/Canopy/FLEXnet/lmutil lmstat -a
gives following response:
lmutil - Copyright © 1989-2004 by Macrovision Corporation. All rights reserved.
Flexible License Manager status on Mon 4/18/2005 13:50

License server status: 27000@xxx.yyy.zzz
License file(s) on xxx.yyy.zzz: /usr/local/Canopy/FLEXnet/license_files/bam.number.date_license.lic:

xxx.yyy.zzz: license server UP (MASTER) v10.0

Vendor daemon status (on xxx.yyy.zzz):

motocnpy: UP v10.0

Feature usage info:

Users of BAMServer: (Error: 1 licenses, unsupported by licensed server)

Users of APAuthenticationAccess: (Error: 3 licenses, unsupported by licensed server)

Does this meen that this does not work properly?

In canopy.log I get:

Level: 0 Time: 2005-04-18 13:58:34 File: businessrules/FlexLicenseManager.cpp L
ine: 264 Message: Unable to check out BAMServer for this reason: Invalid (inconsistent) license key.
The license-key and data for the feature do not match.
This usually happens when a license file has been altered
Feature: BAMServer
License path: /usr/local/Canopy/FLEXnet/license_files//bam.number.date_ -
license.lic
FLEXnet Licensing error:-8,523
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide,
available at “www.macrovision.com”.

When license was issued, I gaved 3 MAC address-es, but in my machine I have only one ethernet card with MAC that is in lic file, other cards were removed in meantime.

Can somebody suggest where could be the problem?

If you have a license file that has three MAC addresses associated with it, then you must have three license management processes running (one on each of the MACs) to make it work.

-ken

Does this mean, if I have 3 MAC addresses in lic file, that I have to install license manager on 3 computers, since starting this on 1 computer with 3 nic’s produces error.

Can I just delete 2 lines, with MAC addresses that I dont have anymore?

But engined still complaints that license file has been altered.

Any modifications to the license file will invalidate it. If you plan on only using a single PC as the license manager, then I would suggest requesting through technical support a new license file with only on MAC.

-ken

I plan to have all on one PC with 3 ethernet cards, where I need BAM and License manager only on 1 ethernet.

What do I need to get from tech support?

mkecman wrote:
I plan to have all on one PC with 3 ethernet cards, where I need BAM and License manager only on 1 ethernet.

I am sorry to inform you that such a setup will not work. The license manager requires that each NIC that is registered in the .lic file be the primary NIC in the machine (aka eth0). So I guess if you can find a way to have every card be eth0 then you will need 3 computers.

I did try to do the same thing as you and I used module aliases to bind 3 cards to eth0 so I could set one as eth0, one as eth0:1, and one as eth0:2. This however does not work!

Your best course of action is to either setup 2 other computers or to obtain a .lic file for a single license manager with only 1 MIC registered.

Matt
mattmann72 wrote:
[quote="mkecman":gm5ba2si]I plan to have all on one PC with 3 ethernet cards, where I need BAM and License manager only on 1 ethernet.

I am sorry to inform you that such a setup will not work. The license manager requires that each NIC that is registered in the .lic file be the primary NIC in the machine (aka eth0). So I guess if you can find a way to have every card be eth0 then you will need 3 computers.

I did try to do the same thing as you and I used module aliases to bind 3 cards to eth0 so I could set one as eth0, one as eth0:1, and one as eth0:2. This however does not work!

Your best course of action is to either setup 2 other computers or to obtain a .lic file for a single license manager with only 1 MIC registered.

Matt[/quote:gm5ba2si]

Actually, this is incorrect. The requirement is three physical interfaces, with unique mac addresses. When you setup interface aliases, you're still using the mac address of the parent interface. There are other redundancy issues that you should think through about this however. Running three interfaces on a single box is no better than running it on one interface on one box. The license manager is pretty lightweight, and it can easily coexist on other boxes that you happen to be using.