Problem on DHCP offer during SXT Elevate

Hello there,

I've followed Cambium instructions in order to do an Elevate on Mikrotik.

I'm using tftpd32 on Windows.

As I reboot the SXT on the log console I got this:

Screenshot - 13_03_2019 , 17_26.png

No IP seems to be assigned to the SXT and the Elevate process is not starting.

I've noticed this event with 5 SXT Lite5. Repeating the same process with other SXTs the process worked fine so I'm assuming that my procedure is good.

Is it my fault? What could be the problem?

1 Like

I have forwarded this to our development team

Thanks for your answer. Do you need extra detail about this problem I had?

@planetcaravan wrote:

Hello there,

I've followed Cambium instructions in order to do an Elevate on Mikrotik.

I'm using tftpd32 on Windows.

As I reboot the SXT on the log console I got this:

Screenshot - 13_03_2019 , 17_26.png

No IP seems to be assigned to the SXT and the Elevate process is not starting.

I've noticed this event with 5 SXT Lite5. Repeating the same process with other SXTs the process worked fine so I'm assuming that my procedure is good.

Is it my fault? What could be the problem?

I can confirm that for some reason tftpd does not work on some machines... I have 3 PCs and only on one it is working as expected. My work around is to use MT Netinstall + tftpd32to run the elevate process - of course this will only work if you are able to manage flashing SXT with oryginal MT software from that machine. You need Netinstall to provide bootstrap parameters for SXT and tftpd32 running tftp service (no DHCP service! this will be provided from Netinstall) with openwrt-SXTLITE5-vmlinux-initramfs.elf in tftp server root directory renamed to vmlinux.

Of course the easies way would be using Device Elevator https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Elevate/Device-Elevator-a-powerful-tool-for-your-network-lifting/td-p/75871 that is supporting MT for some time, but we are still about to resolve unit configuration lost on some hardware revisions.

Hope this helps. Rgds,

ePMPMaster

1 Like

Thanks for you answer.

So you were running at the same time Netinstall and TFTPD32?

Can you post a video with the entire process?

Is openwrt-SXTLITE5-vmlinux-initramfs.elf available in the Elevate download area?

UP, please :)

I've got hundreds of SXT and I need Elevate process working fine