problems with inconsistent connectivity

hello all i have another issue

with the 7.1 software we have lots of people that lose their connectivity

out ap cluster is running 7.1 but all of our sm’s are running 7.0

we have the ap still running on hardware scheduling is this the problem as stateted in this forum prevoiusly on the 7.1 issue.

should we roll back our ap cluster to v 7.0

thanks for the input

Realizing that a 13 word description of your setup and problem is not nearly enough information to make an informed conclusion, what you describe certainally could be the hardware scheduling bug.

I recomend leaving your firmware where it is, impliment software scheduling, and join the “waiting for 7.2” crowd.

yes i guess that the short description leaves something to be desired.

i rolled back our entire network to version 7.06 last night and left hardware sheduling in place and all seems to be fine today…

thanks for the input…

What types of interruptions in service are you seeing? I have seen SMs under hardware scheduling (running 7.1.4 firmware at 5.7 and 2.4 frequencies) drop-out for several minutes and sometimes over an hour. They don’t show up on the APs, but finally do re-register. I have contacted Canopy Support about this, but they don’t seem to have any leads and I don’t have any indication they are fixing this in 7.2.

What are the specifics of the interruptions you are seeing with 7.x firmware?

we are running all 2.4 on our equipment.

when we get no connectivity the sm is registered but no activity.

when you check the rereg log there are lots of rereg entries.

you cannot ping the sm or the ap from one side of the network but on the side that the sm is on you can still ping.

as soon as i rolled back to the 7.0x version all came alive.

tooslow wrote:
we are running all 2.4 on our equipment.

when we get no connectivity the sm is registered but no activity.

when you check the rereg log there are lots of rereg entries.

you cannot ping the sm or the ap from one side of the network but on the side that the sm is on you can still ping.

as soon as i rolled back to the 7.0x version all came alive.

same problem here with 7.1, but we roll back all the way to 6.1 - from our experience, it's even more stable with HWS than 7.0.

hmmmm, interesting.

Really makes me wonder what exactly the problem with HWS is after all. Has it been getting worse from 6.1 -> 7.0 -> 7.1 like it appears to you, or is that just a red haring of sorts…

ok now for over a week everything has been going fine on the roll back so we can use hardware scheduling.

(hope i did not jinx it)’

We are about 80% back to 6.1 and will begin using HW scheduling once all 900 MHz radios are back to a stable revision.

We are seeing significantly better performance (as measured by sessions and re-reg counts) using 6.1 SW scheduling with our 900 MHz customers than with 7.14 SW scheduling.