Problems with multicast video transmission

Hi,

We are having problems regarding to the transmission of multicast video trough a link with and AP and a SM in the lab, we are prioritizing the transmission from the AP to the SM with a percentaje of 90% at the downlink, the transmission of the multicast video needs only 4 Mbps and we have transmitted FTP files and we got 800 Kbytes with the AP and the SM advantage, ¿any suggestions about the problem?. :smiley:

Thanks and regards.

Are you tring to send or receive from the sm unit?

clueless wrote:
Are you tring to send or receive from the sm unit?

No, I have transmitted only the multicast video from the AP to the SM.

Try changing your ap to 50% , if i understand it correctly the priority data is in uplink side of the data stream,

clueless wrote:
Try changing your ap to 50% , if i understand it correctly the priority data is in uplink side of the data stream,

I don't understand why, we are not prioritizing traffic because of we are transmitting all the traffic from the AP to the SM, there is no any traffic from the SM to the AP.

It has to do with the ctrl slots, Have you tried it at 50% ? I know that the advantage will do almost 10 meg down to a sm unit.

If you look in the user manual starting at page 59 it talks about understanding your bandwidth and how to set the control slots

clueless wrote:
It has to do with the ctrl slots, Have you tried it at 50% ? I know that the advantage will do almost 10 meg down to a sm unit.

If you look in the user manual starting at page 59 it talks about understanding your bandwidth and how to set the control slots

But I only can set the number of control slots and I've read that if the AP has only a SM associated the number of control slots is 0, ¿is this correct?.

Not if I understand it correctly, set the control slots back to default. and the ap to 50% or 75% down.

clueless wrote:
Not if I understand it correctly, set the control slots back to default. and the ap to 50% or 75% down.

But i want to prioritize the channel from the AP to the SM, for this reason the percentaje configured is 90%.

I’m sure someone in here can help,