Problems with NAT and VLAN modes.

We are experiencing random issues with NAT and VLAN mode when used together.

The problem: If a module is in NAT mode, and is set in a VLAN, at times, nothing will work until we change the module to Bridge mode.

Specifics: The SM is in NAT/DHCP mode when experiencing these problems. Haven’t tested with NAT/Static specifically.

Again, these issues are very random. One person might work for awhile, and then just stop. Switching to bridge mode always resolves the issue.

From a security standpoint, I’m not bothered by switching modules to bridge mode, as each customer has been effectively isolated in their own vlan (Long story, but rather complex setup involving about 400 VLANs per tower), but I’m still hesitant to just move people due the the added difficulty in IP address management and verification.

Any thoughts?

So when these SM’s “stop working” I assume you are able to still log into them to switch them to bridge mode?

wirelessSolutions wrote:
So when these SM's "stop working" I assume you are able to still log into them to switch them to bridge mode?

It would stand to reason. :wink:

But yes, administrative access is no problem, it is only customer traffic that is affected.