Problems with PTP550. It does not exceed 20mbps.

Good night, dear.
I'm having a problem with a pair of PTP550 radios, with an integrated antenna.
I configured the pair and through the Wireless Link Test passes the 700mbps aggregated traffic. So far so good. The problem is that when I put it in production, the troughput does not exceed 20mbps.
I have already performed tests through the UTP port (PSU Port) and also through the SFP port (currently connected), but without success, continuing the same result of maximum 20mbps.

I have already used all available firmwares and all have the same problem.
Any suggestions for solving this problem?
Thank you.
Greetings.

Hi

could you share which firmware version you are using?

How long did you run the test - 4, 10 or 20 seconds?

Which channel sizes are you using?

Could you share screenshot of configuration? If you can not, then please post information RSSI/SNR values, MCS rate and perhaps screenshot of spectrum analysis.

What is the distance between two radios?

Do you have clear line of sight or obstacles in between?

1 Like

Hello.

I'll get the prints.
But the problem is not in the plumbing or in the wifi interface. The tests performed by the Wireless Link Test are perfect, exceeding 700mbps.
The problem is when putting into production. From radio to radio it works normally. But when I do, for example, speed tests between equipment connected via cable / fiber does not exceed more than 20mbps. I used Mikrotik's btest and iperf for the tests.

greetings

Is that 20Mbps in one direction, or aggregate?  If 10/10, have you checked for something stuck at 10mbps ethernet link?  Also, is MIR configured, or disabled?

j

20Mbps in each direction. The SFP modulates in 1G on both radios. Where do I see the MIR configuration?

how many connections counts did you have in mikrotik bandwidth test? less than 10?

Please send response to questions above to better understand how is configured and where is the issue

could be on ethernet side, perhaps Mikrotik?

Which mikrotik device do you have?

MIR settings should be under Configuration->QoS on the master.  If you have MIR enabled, then you would select an MIR at the slave end, or get the default specified on the master.

j

Hi.

could you share which firmware version you are using?

I am using version 4.1.2

How long did you run the test - 4, 10 or 20 seconds?

The test was performed in both 4, 10 and 20. The results of these tests were satisfactory, achieving average results of 670mbps of downoad and 160mbps of upload, totaling 830mbps averaged.

Attachment 04.png

Which channel sizes are you using?

80 mhz

Could you share screenshot of configuration? If you can not, then please post information RSSI/SNR

Attachment 03.png

What is the distance between two radios?

0,6 km

Do you have clear line of sight or obstacles in between?

Clear line

I believe the radio part is working properly.
The last test that was carried out was to place a notebook on each side of the link, connected directly to the Lan cable of the radio (notebooks have a lan adapter and modulate in 1GB) and performed several tests with iperf3 software. The results were totally unsatisfactory. They ranged from 20mbps to 7mbps with downloading, going as well as coming from the tests.

Hi,

Any suggestions for this case?
I'm almost abandoning these radios.

Have you checked the router or switch for FCS or CRC errors on the port that the PTP550 is connected to? Have you connected the laptops via an ethernet cable and ran tests that show full gigabit ethernet throughput between the two?

Did you get to solve this? I am experiencing a similar kind of issue. Link test shows 900Mbps but in actual production normal speedtest gets a max of 200mbps aggregate. link is 0.5km

kevinmwongera - Is that 100dn + 100up? Have you checked that you’re not stuck at 100Mbps ethernet somewhere in the path?

j