PTP 450b sync

What options do you have to sync a PTP450b?

Jagger - I don't see a cost effective way of syncing the PTP450b. The CMM5 can do the job but the cost is a factor.

Can you use a cnPulse?

Yes, the PTP 450b supports GPS sync with Canopy Sync over power port. Note this is not Cambium Sync, as the 450b operates on Canopy standard 29 V. For a low cost option you could using something by PacketFlux.

Also, the 450b supports sync input into the 3.5 mm jack with a special cable. This of course will also require a new cover on the 450b High Gain, which is currently being designed.

1 Like

Hi Eric,

I have been trying to nail down the sync options of the PTP 450b.

So if I  understand you correctly, I could replace a PTP100 link with a PTP450b link and use the CMM micro to power and sync the PTP450b master. Is that correct.

Can a UGPS or cnPulse also provide sync to a PTP450b?

If so what would be the configurations?

thank you,

Leo

@ldressler wrote:

Hi Eric,

I have been trying to nail down the sync options of the PTP 450b.

So if I  understand you correctly, I could replace a PTP100 link with a PTP450b link and use the CMM micro to power and sync the PTP450b master. Is that correct.

Can a UGPS or cnPulse also provide sync to a PTP450b?

If so what would be the configurations?

thank you,

Leo

Leo,

Sorry for the late response, (this post was just linked to by another post) but yes, the PTP 450b is a drop in replacement for PTP 100.
Yes, UGPS or cnPulse also works to provide sync to 450b to the 3.5 mm jack.
Please see the latest PMP 450x Configuration and User Guide found at  PMP 450 Software and Downloads for more details.

1 Like