Hi,

Use mimosa, Cambium PTP 550 is bad...

I have 10 unit, I go to back mimosa.

1 Like

@guttoballa wrote:

Hi,

Use mimosa, Cambium PTP 550 is bad...

I have 10 unit, I go to back mimosa.

I'm pretty sure now that the problem has been isolated, Cambium will be able to duplicate it, and then be able to solve the issue. It sounds to me like they were unable to duplicate the problem, and if they've never seen/experienced it, they'd of course be unable to fix it.  But, if it's been isolated now, I'm sure they'll be able to address it.

We are seeing issues also in the web interface locking up. The only way out is to either power cycle the unit or upload a modified configuration file.

Is there a upgrade coming for improved web management?

@MW_WISP wrote:

Hi,

maybe we have the same problem.

We just installed a couple of ptp550. We are using 20/25 vlan. ONE of them have the same problem:
it's working on layer 2 (i can see mac address), ping is ok, traceroute is ok, dns are ok. But when try to load ANY page it's alway "connecting".
All other vlans seems working fine as expected.

ptp550 with a very simple configuration: 40mhz, fw 4.1.3 and 4.1.4-BETA, no bonding. data vlan disabled, one management vlan.

PS with previous BH everithing was ok, it not a configuration problem.

Could we please ask you to upgrade to release 4.3.1

Unable to access the radio on tagged ports with vlan management enabled on 4.3.1 and only intermitently on 4.1.1.  I can't deploy these radios on our network until this is resolved, hopefully that is soon.

@sherwoodj28

Potentially stupid question because I haven't read the entire thread, so I'll have to claim ignorance.

ePMP doesn't have dynamic VLAN learning. I learned (no pun intended) this a few months ago by trying to pass the management VLAN through an SM. Wasn't working and I didn't understand why since things "just work" on Canopy.

I realize that the 550 and ePMP-ac is a bit different, but have you tried adding the management VID to the membership table?

Like so:

I'd imagine you'd want Management Access: Ethernet and Wireless on the AP/Master as well.

Is the VLAN issue solved?

We installed a PTP550 link (passing VLANs) in bridge mode (no VLAN members and no data VLAN) and we are facing tha same issues.

The link is stable but the data flow is intermittent.

Channel Bonding is enabled and the latest FW is loaded.

Any info about PTP550 problems from other users ?

Vlans etc etc ?

We have problems with Slave reboot on daily basis, support working on resolution....

We had the same issues (daily reboots) and we were advised to replace the slave unit by Cambium Tech Supp once they checked the tech supp file.

After the replacement the issue was solved.

We have delivered several PTP550 links to our resellers, installed in clean and noisy enviromments. Apart from this one case we did not had any other serious issues.

But to be honest if your link operates under a lot of interference I would suggest to use only one channel. According to our experience so far (FW 4.3.2, 4.4 is prety recent) it will be more stable.

If you need a rock solid link 450i is still the optimal solution (PTP670 remains too expensive and only a few special projects may justify the cost).  

Yes, and we were advised to replace the slave unit by Cambium Support after checked the tech supp file, but same problem are present again even after change devices.

Although it is strange why only SLAVE devices are faulty obviously the same with us ?

After that Support has confirmed BUG with reboot problem, and working on solution...so still waiting new FW that solves problem :(

Another question about Bandwidth, we have link that reporting 300/300 Mbps (40+80 bonding), has anyone got full speed in both directions at same time ? Because when we testing UL when DL are working at 150-200 Mbps, results are not even close 300 Mbps UP (50-60 MAX) ?

Hi - We installed our first PTP550 link some time age. The reboot problems seems to have been solved in version 4.3.2.1 - the ethernet throughput in the upload direction  runs at close to the radio speed test for all configurations.

The download however is rubbish. At best it only runs at around 25% of the radio capacity, there are also "socket errors, poor latency result and instabality. In general the PTP550 is unusable and we have removed our links from service. This issue has been raised with Cambium support for months with zero improvement. The latest firmware used was 4.4 - no improvement. I now have a PTP550 setup in test location but won't be deploying these radios until Cambium can fix the poor download issues. It's a pitty the 550 promissed so much.

@gregn wrote:

Hi - We installed our first PTP550 link some time age. The reboot problems seems to have been solved in version 4.3.2.1 - the ethernet throughput in the upload direction  runs at close to the radio speed test for all configurations.

The download however is rubbish. At best it only runs at around 25% of the radio capacity, there are also "socket errors, poor latency result and instabality. In general the PTP550 is unusable and we have removed our links from service. This issue has been raised with Cambium support for months with zero improvement. The latest firmware used was 4.4 - no improvement. I now have a PTP550 setup in test location but won't be deploying these radios until Cambium can fix the poor download issues. It's a pitty the 550 promissed so much.

Have you tried 4.4.1 yet? ALSO... have you tried just using it in single stream vs. dual stream mode?

1 Like

Using version AC 4.4.3 and the problems continue, I cannot spend more than 30 megabytes.
I spend more with a pair of 190 than with these cambium 550,
Totally disappointed of cambium :(

the spectrum and the capture of the station,

Can you see any problem there?
Or do I need to upload capture from another tab?

Wow, the spectrum is trashed... and on top of that you're trying to use 2x40MHz carriers!!

I'd lower down to 2x20MHz carriers, or even 2x10MHz carriers and see if it works any better. If that doesn't work, and you can't put up a licensed link, and you have to use 5GHz, then I'd pull the PTP550's down and put up PTP670's with the biggest dishes you can use.

PS. ALSO try using the newest 4.5 beta firmware for PTP550, you can find it HERE.

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

Wow, the spectrum is trashed... and on top of that you're trying to use 2x40MHz carriers!!

PS. ALSO try using the newest 4.5 beta firmware for PTP550, you can find it HERE.

I'll second that - most channels have noise in -50's or -60's... that's pretty tough.
You may be able to squeeze between some of that noise if you use narrow enough channels.  That might end up working better.

4.5 Firmware does have:

1. DCS (Dynamic channel Selection): Ability of the radio to switch channels due to RF interference

2. ACS (Automatic Channel Selection): Ability of the radio at boot up time to select best channel based on RF interference

So, in particular the DCS would be interesting to see what it can manage for your situation.  It'll be a challenge to find anything that doesn't bump into all that noise - but it'd be interesting to see what 4.5 with ACS and DCS can manage.

I have a same issues here ping is ok, traceroute is ok, dns are ok. But when try to load ANY page it’s always connecting.

Another pair only 2 VLAN is passing.

Im current using 4.6.2 firmware

Hi @ONG_ZI_XIAN!
It is not easy to give an answer with such question. I suggest you to raise a support ticket and attach tech support files. Then our engineer will be able to troubleshoot this on remote session.
“Submit a request” button on the right top: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/