ptp 600 ethernet configuration mismatch

I really don’t know if I’m at the right place… I couldn’t find a dedicated PTP 600 forum…

… So, straight to the point> [u:l2babzis]Is it possible to DOWNGRADE the PTP 600 units from version 08-03 to 07-00[/u:l2babzis] ? I am doing some research here, before I brick a $10K equipment… :wink:

Has anyone tried this? Is it possible?

I am having issues with this latest firmware with Ethernet Auto Negotiation but, oddly enough, only on the slave devices…
These devices are connected to Allied Telesis ATGS950 managed gigabit switches. The PTP 600 auto negotiates to gigabit connection… but after a few minutes it gives an Ethernet Configuration Mismatch. The description of this error is as follows> [u:l2babzis]The detection of Ethernet fragments (runt packets) when the link is in full duplex is an indication of an auto-negotiation or forced configuration mismatch[/u:l2babzis]

I’ve never had a problem like this with the previous firmware… that’s why I’m so eager to downgrade.

Regards

Is both the switch port and PTP set to autoneg? Check the port status on switch/PTP and see if one is running at half duplex.

Try forcing both to fixed 1000T and then check the error rates in the lan status page of both.

Not had an issue with my V8-03 PTP’s and have a number sitting on cisco and Alloy managed switches at 1000T.

Privatteer wrote:
Is both the switch port and PTP set to autoneg? Check the port status on switch/PTP and see if one is running at half duplex

Yes, they were set to AutoNeg, and, no, none of the connected eth ports were running at half duplex!

Privatteer wrote:
Try forcing both to fixed 1000T and then check the error rates in the lan status page of both.

Did that! Both devices were showing 1000T full duplex but I was getting very low bandwidth and too much [u:o4wxtn22]Ethernet RX CRC and/or align error[/u:o4wxtn22] packets and [u:o4wxtn22]Ethernet RX fragments[/u:o4wxtn22]... Later, I forced the connection to 100T and the errors were gone... but this way I couldn't achieve more than 92-95Mbps on the link...

Privatteer wrote:
Not had an issue with my V8-03 PTP's and have a number sitting on cisco and Alloy managed switches at 1000T.

...yes, I too replaced the Allied Telesis switch, and the problem is gone... but I can't forget the fact, that everything was working fine with firmware version 07-00...

Mismatch is common even between devices of the same manufacturer. It’s almost impossible to have evey possible combination work correctly.

We have had results forcing one end and using auto on the other end (trying it one way then the other).

As far as downgrading, best to email or call Moto support

Don’t want this thread to die. We have had similar problems on PTP600 links. Have tried so many options with no resolution. Recommended cable, cisco/MT gig ports, take out surge protection, put different surge in.

Links will work fine at gig and then mysteriously start giving mismatch. Most often on the slave side. Seems to get worse with time and increased bps. This has happened with at least 6 links. All 8.xxx version.

Version 7.xx did not have this issue.

we have the same issue, and this for a PTP300 series.
the cisco switch disables the port after some time. we also tried forcing the duplexing settings but still the lock-up still occurs.

Just wondering if anyone found a resolution for this? We have a repeated link exhibiting this behaviour. The links have been in and operating for a while running ver 08-03 firmware and working fine. One unit (at one end of the repeated link) then had a fault and was sent away for repair, when it came back in had ver 9 firmware on it so we upgraded it’s partner.

The repaired unit then started exhibiting this behaviour, firmware was rolled back to 08-03 and it all appeared good. However since then at the repeater site the two radios there have started doing this. We have tried with the units connected back to back and also via an SMC 6224 switch. All set to autonegotiate, and we have also tried locking port speeds.

The units either start reporting the ethernet mismatch after a while, or refuse to stay connected at 1000 Mbps and negotiate to 100. The cable run is fairly short (aprox 15m) and we are using Transtector lightning protection units as we had trouble with the early Motorola ones. There is nothing else on that tower apart from the 2 PTP600s to be inducing interfering signals onto the ethernet cable (we did have that experience with a licenced microwave on a noisy tower with lots of VHF paging transmitters).

I had a similar issue with some PTP 500’s

In this case they were plugged into the WAN ports of Cisco 800 series routers.

I had Ethernet configuration mismatch pop up but more importantly if you look at the detailed statistics it was dropping lots of packets on the Ethernet side.

Interestingly enough the customer has 5.4s and 5.8s and it was only happening on the 5.8’s
Could be an ageing thing as the 5.4’s are going better than the 5.8’s

In my case upgrading to the version 4 software fixed it.