The power consumption for the PTP 650 is officially specified as < 30W.
The following provides additional detail and also highlights the variables and options for specifying a number below a 27Watt worst case.
· Baseline power consumption is about 20W (not transmitting)
· Power consumption doesn’t vary much over radio link distance.
· Consumption increases by about 20% as the tx power changes from 18dBm to 27dBm.
· At 27dBm it changes by about 12% over cable length from 0m to 100m.
· Power consumption increases by about 10% in 2:1 tx symmetry.
Worst case power consumption is around 27W at room temp, max power, 100m cable, 2:1 tx symmetry.
While the average might be 27W, it should be noted that the instantaneous power during transmit would be around 29W.