PTP100 MIGRATION TO PTP 450

I HAVE SEVERAL ELECTRIC UTILITY CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE EXTENSIVE PTP100, 20MHZ, 5.7-5.8 GHZ BACKHAUL NETWORKS LINKING THEIR SITES AND SUBSTATIONS. WITH THE DISCONTINUATION OF THE PTP100 THIS PUTS THEM IN A BIND FOR REPLACEMENT RADIOS. 

IS THERE A RECOMMENDED MIGRATION PLAN FROM PTP100 BACKHAULS TO PTP450 BACKHAULS.

I NOTICE THE THE PMP450 ARCHITECTURE ALLOWS THE AP TO CONNECT TO THE OLDER PTP100 SM.

CAN THE PTP450 CONNECT TO A PTP100 BACKHAUL

ADDITIONALLY,MANY OF THEIR SITES ARE MULTIPLE RADIOS ON THE SAME TOWERS SYNCHRONIZED BY A CMM.

IF THE PTP450 IS ABLE TO CONNECT TO A PTP100 CAN IT ALSO BE SYNCHED WITH THE OTHER PTP100S ON THE SAME TOWER USING THE CMM MICRO THAT MY CUSTOMERS ARE CURRENTLY USING?

Hi there, welcome to the community... I hope your keyboard is not broken :)

The PTP 450 and PTP 450i series of backhauls can co-locate and synchronize very well with PTP 100 equipment.

While these products do not "connect to" the PTP 100 series, they utilize the same 1PPS pulse via GPS timing, and will synchronize properly.  With PTP 450, you'll need a UGPS device (as they will not receive sync from a CMM Micro).  With PTP 450i, you'll need a UGPS or CMM4 device to synchronize these, as they operate on 56 VDC.

There are many frequency and channel options available for you to take advantage of.  Please check out the product documentation on the website.