ptp54600 web interface not responding

I have a pair of ptp54600 radios that I cannot access - again. Last time we rebooted them and they were reachable for a few days. Is there a new software build to fix this? Julian? We spoke of this on the boat.

Allen

Hi Allen
Welcome to the new PTP section of the forum!

We have had a couple of reports to support where the GUI stops responding, but the units continue to pass traffic across the link with no problems.

We believe that this is caused when the unit detects what it thinks is a DOS attack, and takes measures to ensure that its resources are concentrating on passing traffic across the link.

We believe that high levels of broadcast traffic on a network may trigger this behaviour.

We do have this issue addressed in our latest PTP600 software release PTP600_10-00 which should be released onto the website this week.

Regards
Julian

Thank you. I was looking for that new firmware. I look forward to using it. I cannot see what channel the ptp54600 has chosen to use and am about to deploy some pmp130 5.4 aps on the towers. Thinking of blocking out a bit of 5.4 for them from the 54600 spectrum. Great to speak with you on the ship!

Any word on the new ptp600 firmware?

Hi Allen

PTP600 10-00 is now released and can be downloaded from our support site

http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/support

Regards
Julian

Looks like the new firmware took care of the problem! Thank you.