PTP550 cannot deliver the required bandwidth

The reason most of us dont concern ourselves with your high tension lines is that unless you are on a harmonic of the grid frequency (highly doubtful since the 5ghz harmonic for 60hz is 833.3333 orders awa, over 1000 for 50hz) or you are within a couple hundred feet of it (magnetic field flux dispersion effects),it will not be a problem that changes during different times of day.
I have 300mbps links going over large substaions (large flux areas due to multiple 150kv to 25kv and 14.4kv transformers and several cross links and route switches. Never have troubles with signal or speed due to signal issues.

Like all the good advise above, reduce your channel width and use one radio, turn the tx power down to as low as needed to keep the link connected and realign until you get on the center of the beam. This will reduce the side lobes to a point that the radio can not hear them. Makes it an order of magnitude harder to align but makes for a more precise alignment.
If your average interference level is -69, this assumes the following: 34db dish on both ends and a -90db rx sensitivity. The math is as follows -90+34+34=-22, you need 22db tx to reach 0 and add 2 or 3 db to ensure you have a strong enough center lobe to see the edges while aligning. So modify for the interference of -69: -90-69+34+34=-91+30max tx power gives you -61db best signal. This does not include extra path losses which can drive this down to -80 but you have 8db more power than the interference so you could align with 26db and then turn up the power once you are 3000% sure the alignment is perfect.

Considering the amount of interference I would be looking at either 3Ghz or 11Ghz or even 24Ghz licensed band or use shorter links if possible or higher gain (read larger diameter, more expensive) dishes with a good deep edge shield and wind cover. There is also the possibility of using a couple pmp450iā€™s in 900mhz as a ptp link. And put that side by side with your ptp550 and use a routing protocol to steer the traffic accross both links.

1 Like

Hello Douglas

Thanks for your response I will do accordingly as you have advised. Then I will get back with my results.

@ Olympe thanks for your response i will get back on my results.