PTP58300, ping packet loss

nop, something is wrong with this link.

1.- use 10 Mhz of spectrum(ptp300 works better with 10 )
2.- use automatic/asumetric frecuency selection

moinavery wrote:
nop, something is wrong with this link.

1.- use 10 Mhz of spectrum(ptp300 works better with 10 )
2.- use automatic/asumetric frecuency selection

Why use 10 MHZ channel if the whole band is noisy? No Point will just lower usable bandwidth.

In this Scenario Fixed Frequency as per the screen shot is the way to go as DFS isn’t as smart as they say it is tends to get itself lost in a noisy band causing more issues than it solves.

Lower the top modulation mode until the packet loss is at an acceptable limit i.e. none.

These radios will do a very good job considering the interference levels. You should be able to get these things rock solid but the trade off is speed.

PTP 300 - 600 5.4 inst a bad choice with narrower antennas however if you want no compromises licensed is the way to go and cheaper than you may think.
We can do Licensed 320 MBPS F/D link for around the same price as a PTP 500 but it does depend on the licensing costs in your area licensing is very cheap where I live.

The PTP 300 - 600 are great radios and in some cases they are a better solution than licensed I just wish they would lower the cost to be more competitive with other products. Having said that most of the other products are still adding the features that we have had for years in the PTP / Orthogon. And although these products claim to be better they are not trust me we’ve seen them all. Yes you may be able to get a faster link cheaper with other unlicensed radios but I just don’t have confidence in them when you start having issues. So if its mission critical for me its either these things or licensed.

Well there is my rant to add to the 2 year old post.

ptp300 works better with 10 Mhz. 15 Mhz works better only on ptp500 or bigger radios.
PTP radios are very smart finding the best frec. Lower the highest modulation works but I think that link is very poor on one way, the modulation is very low.
Plus, I have one link with like or worse interference level, 7Km, integrated antennas and its giving 20 Mbps(ptp300)

PTP 300 and 500 are the same hardware with diffent licence keys / firmware. The PTP 600 is a diffent beast.