PTP600

Guys,

We set up a PTP600 connectorised set to run at 150 Mbps. Since we only received our V-Pol antennas we started off using just one pair of antennas using V-Pol. This gave us about 40 Mbps of throughput and it showed (Single) on the modulation mode.

Subsequently, our second pair of antennas (H-Pol) arrived and we attached them today. The throughput went up to 75 Mbps and the modulation still shows (Single) and "Running At Maximum Receive Mode"

I get the impression that the PTP is running at half its speed since this should go up to 150 MBps. How should we get around getting our full speed … or at least more than 75 MBps??

Thanks!

BH150 will do 150 megs aggregate. If you don’t have license for 300 mbps all you can do is change the ratio for upload/download so you can get 100:50 mbps.

Yes, but at the moment I am getting 75 Mbps aggregate…

What kind of modulation is in use? What is the distance, size of the anntenna, RF conditions etc?

There should be tables in the manual, maybe QUAM 256 will be needed for 150 megs.

Transmit Modulation Mode 256QAM 0.81 (Single)
Receive Modulation Mode 256QAM 0.81 (Single)

Distance is 0.3km

2 Antennas about 2 feet on each side

I have another issue with this PTP600.

When we reboot the link the radios refuse to sync until we power cycle the slave side. What could the cause be?

The link is short so it should do 150Mbps.

Call Tech support and they will help you.

make sure you don’t have the wireless link capped at the ethernet speed and plugged into a 100baseT device. this will cap it at 100. To go higher you either need Gigabit or fiber.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yes, i agree, at 0.2km it SHOULD do 150 Mbps. Strange that it won’t go above 77 Mbps (after a reboot).

The speed is not locked to the ethernet speed.

What is vexing me most is why they won’t re-associate after a reboot. They need a power cycle… odd.

Ok I think one of two things is your problem. From what I read let me see if I get this right. You have two antennas mounted 2ft apart on both ends?

Ok please tell me these are at least directional antennas?

First of all the 600’s use four simultaneous channels between pairs of transceivers at each end of the link. each pair of transceivers can operate
in parallel, in effect creating two links and doubling throughput.
You can look at this as 2 payloads.

Second spacial diversity is using miltiple antennas at one or both ends of a link to combat ducting and multipath fading. If the path is over a reflective surface mounting two antennas at one end vertically spaced will send two radio paths to the receiver that don’t experience reflection and ducting at the same time. By combining the separate transmissions, you eliminates signal cancellation and maximizes the signal received in each direction.

By mounting them side by side they will both be exposed to the same reflective surface.

To make things short to me it sounds like one of your links is not working. In the radio under diagnostic plotter set it to signal strength ratio V/H. If both Horrizontal and Vertical paths are good then the red line should be in the center at zero or close to it. If far away you have a problem. You could also have the antennas aligned to the wrong polarity reducing the signal 20 to 30 db.A