PTP670 HCMP Master (connectorized ODU)

hi All,

I am currently doing a bench test on PTP670 connectorized ODU's and i want to configure my radio point A to HCMP Master. however, i have some issues which i need explainations and they are as follows;

1. Radio point A does not have HCMP Master option, only slave option shows when HCMP topology is selected. What should i do to have Radio Point A to have HCMP Master available?

2. Radio point A ODU V/H pol connected to an external parabolic dish feedhorn (RadioWaves). Can the parabolic dish external antenna do multi-point task or does it have to be a sector external antenna?

3. I have 2 x separate Slave connectorized ODU also connected to 2 x separate external parabolic dish (Radio Point B & Radio Point C) configured to HCMP slave intentionally to link up to Radio point A (HCMP Master), all configured on Group ID:111. 

4. can i use 1 x connectorized ODU and 2 x external parabolic dish on Radio Point A for my HCMP Master to have both my HCMP slave Radio's connected to them separately?

Please if anybody can help me out as i really need some answers for my bench test tomorrow.

cheers,

Jay 

@Jayp2 wrote:

hi All,

I am currently doing a bench test on PTP670 connectorized ODU's and i want to configure my radio point A to HCMP Master. however, i have some issues which i need explainations and they are as follows;

1. Radio point A does not have HCMP Master option, only slave option shows when HCMP topology is selected. What should i do to have Radio Point A to have HCMP Master available?

2. Radio point A ODU V/H pol connected to an external parabolic dish feedhorn (RadioWaves). Can the parabolic dish external antenna do multi-point task or does it have to be a sector external antenna?

3. I have 2 x separate Slave connectorized ODU also connected to 2 x separate external parabolic dish (Radio Point B & Radio Point C) configured to HCMP slave intentionally to link up to Radio point A (HCMP Master), all configured on Group ID:111. 

4. can i use 1 x connectorized ODU and 2 x external parabolic dish on Radio Point A for my HCMP Master to have both my HCMP slave Radio's connected to them separately?

Please if anybody can help me out as i really need some answers for my bench test tomorrow.

cheers,

Jay 

my email is: jay.pitu@telekom.com.sb

Hi Jay,

1. All PTP 670 radio have HCMP slave feature by default, you will need to purchase license key to enable HCMP Master.
2. To the connectorized radios you can connect either Parabolic or sector antenna. Parabolic antenna have narrow beam of 3-8 degree, hence we advice not using parabolic dish for Point to multi point applications
3. As long as Slaves and Master share same Group Id, they should be able to connect
4. We do not recommend this approach as there maybe interference between the antennas,

Let us know if you have more questions

Thanks

Sagar