In the link configuration, there is a "Link ID" field, and customer can enter a unique link id from 1 to 65535. This ID will be used to distinguish it from other links. If the Link ID is not the same at both sides of the link, a Link ID Mismatch alarm is raised. If Link ID Mismatch Security is enabled, traffic is also blocked on the link.
For the feature "Link ID Mismatch Security" in PTP820, by default, this feature is disabled.
When Link ID Mismatch Security is enabled and a Link ID mismatch occurs:
- All Ethernet traffic over the link is blocked.
- The operational status of the radio is set to Down.
- Automatic State Propagation is triggered.
- You cannot change the Link ID of the remote radio, but the local-remote channel remains open for other remote configurations.
- In-band management is lost. Once the mismatch is cleared, in-band management is automatically restored.
Link ID Mismatch Security must be enabled and disabled via CLI.
To enable Link ID Mismatch Security, enter the following command in root view:
root> platform security link-id mismatch security set admin enable
To disable Link ID Mismatch Security, enter the following command in root view:
root> platform security link-id mismatch security set admin disable