QOS

How do the QOS settings in the ePMP AP relate to actual real world connection speeds?
The throughput test on the AP matches the QOS settings but actual customer connection speeds are much slower.

Phil,
Keep in mind the internal throughput or “wireless Link Test” on the radio is running UDP traffic. As you stated, real world will have TCP traffic. TCP traffic has overhead and its window size (and/or backoff) will vary depending on the RF conditions and MCS states that your Station is operating at with the AP. So TCP throughput will be slightly lower.

Phil,
I also forgot to add if you have tried to run speedtest.net or speedtest mini on your network to see the throughput of TCP traffic.

Are you throughput test over the air to an actual customer location or is this in a lab/internal test?

I have the same question as Phil. On the link test I am seeing Downloads of 50Mbps When I actually test to a speedtest mini server on our network I'm only receiving 10-12Mbps... That is a drastic difference. Where are the claimed 100Mbps throughput capacities..?

Where is  speed test  mini server  located? Is it connected directly to  ethernet  ePMP ? 

The speedtest mini server is on our network. The link between the switch the AP is connected to and where the speedtest server is has a 350Mbps link which is only 20% utilized. All switch port settings verified. We have tested speedtest to speedtest.net locations and results are consistent with our internal/ private server. We have PMP450 on the same tower (different frequency) and get the appropriate results based on link capacity between SM and AP. 

ADS wrote:

The speedtest mini server is on our network. The link between the switch the AP is connected to and where the speedtest server is has a 350Mbps link which is only 20% utilized. All switch port settings verified. We have tested speedtest to speedtest.net locations and results are consistent with our internal/ private server. We have PMP450 on the same tower (different frequency) and get the appropriate results based on link capacity between SM and AP. 

All switch port settings verified.

Have you checked to make sure that they are in fact associating properly. We had this exact problem. Once we forced the connection into 100Mbps instead of letting it auto negotiate we were getting 95Mbps true TCP throughput and that was testing to a server outside our network. With the newest firmware,we no longer have to force the negotiation. We spent days on this before figuring out the problem, as the switches and APs ports showed no problems in the logs. We were only able to verify that this was the fix because we were able to auto-negotiate and problem would arise, and then force the negotiation and the problem would be corrected every single time.

The other strange part of our problem was that there were three other AP's going into the same switch with no problem. Also if you plugged one of the working AP's into the "bad" port of the switch it speed tested fine. If you plugged the "bad" AP into any of the other ports it speed tested fine. It was a simple case of that port and that AP did not work together (unless there was a forced negotiation) until a new firmware was released.