Question with Canopy Lite Edition

Hi,

We are planning on purchasing Canopy Lite… but it says that it can only be used using Prizm or BAM.

Do you think it can still supply Internet, from a Single AP to about 10-20SMs, without the use of Prizm or BAM?

Anyone have tried this please?

SM Lite should work with the from factory settings since this is 512 aggregate bandwidth. you need Prizm or BAM if you want to use any upgrade keys to go to different aggregate rates such as 1mb or higher.

timm wrote:
SM Lite should work with the from factory settings since this is 512 aggregate bandwidth. you need Prizm or BAM if you want to use any upgrade keys to go to different aggregate rates such as 1mb or higher.

Thanks for that. So you say, BAM and PRIZM is just needed when I want a bandwidth capacity upgrade?

So you say, it can work at 512kb default, even without BAM?

Would appreciate inputs.

I can confirm,we have about 50 lites connected to Advantage APs and we dont have Prism,our dealer has an offer at the moment with free upgrade to 1Meg licences with 25 pack. I am assuming if I buy Prism later I can use these unused licenses then.

that is correct… Prizm is only needed to upgrade the capacity, until then no prizm is needed, we have over a 1000 lites running fine without prizm