Questions about prizm features

Hi all

I wish ask you some question about PRIZM 2.0 capabilities.

Question 1)
How can I rotate log file on Prizm? Log size can grow day by day and i haven’t understand if Prizm can backup and remove logs too big. If not possible, How can i do? with prizm alarm + external script?

Question 2)
On Prizm : afther the Descovery Network capability, I have to accept element into Network Elements capability, but for doing this step I must launch a reboot for accept and manage element. Is correct? Can I schedule this reboot in future time? And If I check “Do not reboot for manage element” radio will be accept into Network Elements?

Question 3)
If I eliminate an element or change it with another (for example change an SM with a BH) but i’m keeping same IP, the Prizm can’t descovery this change until I delete the element from Network element accepted list . Is correct?
Shall i use the feature chage IP - MAC tool of Prizm to avoid the delete?

Question 4)
Bandwith allocation capability (MIr CIR …) of Prizm are for SM.
If I use NAT on a SM, How can I allocate different bandwith feature for machine (customer) behind SM NAT?

Question 5)
There is possibility to pull configuration of elements (SM AP BH) for storing and push it when configuration problem came?
If possible, how? By MIBs? By Telnet command?

Thanks for your help
I wasn’t be able to find this information on User Guide.

Question 1)
How can I rotate log file on Prizm? Log size can grow day by day and i haven't understand if Prizm can backup and remove logs too big. If not possible, How can i do? with prizm alarm + external script?

The logs rotate automatically after a 4 MB threshold. Look up config/maintenance.xml on how log files are automatically deleted. Refer to the User Guide on maintenance.xml.

Question 2)
On Prizm : afther the Descovery Network capability, I have to accept element into Network Elements capability, but for doing this step I must launch a reboot for accept and manage element. Is correct? Can I schedule this reboot in future time? And If I check "Do not reboot for manage element" radio will be accept into Network Elements?

Currently, you cannot schedule the accept for a future time. If you check do not reboot, then prizm will attempt to manage the device. However, if a reboot is required, it will stop the accept procedure on that device. Depending on the configuration of the device, a reboot may or may not be required. Refer to the User Guide on Subnet Configurations for details on which configurations will require a reboot.

Question 3)
If I eliminate an element or change it with another (for example change an SM with a BH) but i'm keeping same IP, the Prizm can't descovery this change until I delete the element from Network element accepted list . Is correct?
Shall i use the feature chage IP - MAC tool of Prizm to avoid the delete?

The change IP-MAC tool is intended for when you are replacing equipment with the same type of equipment at the same site. This will ensure that the site statistics are continued between the old equipment and the new one.
If you are completely removing the element, and wish to reuse the IP address, you should delete it completely from your network.

Question 4)
Bandwith allocation capability (MIr CIR ..) of Prizm are for SM.
If I use NAT on a SM, How can I allocate different bandwith feature for machine (customer) behind SM NAT?

Prizm can only control the bandwidth capability of the SM, not the equipment behind the SM (regardless of whether NAT is enabled/disabled). You limit the customers bandwidth by limiting the SMs bandwidth.

Question 5)
There is possibility to pull configuration of elements (SM AP BH) for storing and push it when configuration problem came?
If possible, how? By MIBs? By Telnet command?

A global config Save/Restore of this type is not currently available.