Questions about PTP 110

Hello, I am reviewing setting up a Force 110 PTP link to replace aging Nanobridge ones.

A few questions:

Only one of the radios (the master) has to have GPS sync to make the link synced?

Is 30mhz going to be supported sometime for PTP?

In Link Planner, the option for Force 110 lists the antenna as 22.1db gain. Isn't the 110 antenna a 25db gain?

Is the model # c058900p112a the correct radio for GPS PMP on the master end?

@jakkwb wrote:

Hello, I am reviewing setting up a Force 110 PTP link to replace aging Nanobridge ones.

A few questions:

Only one of the radios (the master) has to have GPS sync to make the link synced?

Is 30mhz going to be supported sometime for PTP?

In Link Planner, the option for Force 110 lists the antenna as 22.1db gain. Isn't the 110 antenna a 25db gain?

Is the model # c058900p112a the correct radio for GPS PMP on the master end?

Only the master need gps to sync. the slave radio only uses it for location purposes unless you decide to reverse the roles. 

30mhz, I don't think is on the near term road map, but if you go to the suggestions and suggest it, with enough support i'm sure cambium will make it happen. 

the gain of the dish is slightyl diffrent depending on the frequency,   25 is the peak gain.   if you change the freqeucny around in the link planner, you'll see the gain change some. 

thats the correct part number. I'd suggest using that radio on both ends if you want to have gig port, otherwise the regular connectorized radio only has 100 meg ports. 

1 Like

Is there a PTP unit that has gigabit and not GPS? (for use as the slave?)

Really, Cambiums part number system is very confusing.

Ok, I see about the gain changing on the antenna when you change freq. Thanks for that.

you can use a Force200 or if its short, you can use a force 180 for a slave unit. otherwise, no thats the lowest cost connectorized unit with Gig port. 

and yes, the part numbers can get confusing. 

1 Like

If you don't care about GPS sync, I would highly recommend using the Force 200 instead. The only real advantage to the Force 110 PTP over the 200 is that it supports sync and can be used with larger antennas, but if you're planning on just using the included antennas, the Force 200 is almost always more practical.

If I remember correctly, Cambium has stated that they don't have any plans to support 30mhz channels.

1 Like

If you are using this only as a PTP link you should use the LITE GPS AP as the master. They are way cheaper than the fully unlocked AP. 

Part # c058900a112a is the fully unlocked AP.

As Matt mentioned however, the Force 200 would be a very simple install if GPS is not required.

Garrett