Quick question regarding updates

Currently the vast majority of my Canopy Wireless Network is running

v7.0.7 - v7.3.6

I am in process now of bringing all of my P9’s up to 7.3.6 in Hardware Scheduling.

My question is mostly concerning v8

I have downloaded the following version (and they are the only DES v8x series available for download:

v8.1.5.1
v8.2.1v2
v8.2.2

Here is my question:

According to the release notes I am to upgrade by versions.

Example: v8.1.5.1 says to use the following upgrade path:
7.2.9 -> 7.3.6 -> 8.1.4 -> 8.1.5.1

Well, the problem is 8.1.4 no longer exists.

Should my upgrade path then be:

v7.3.6 (Hardware Scheduling) -> v8.1.5.1 -> v8.2.1v2 -> v8.2.2?

Thank you very much for your help… and yes, I am very dumb for having waited sooooo long to upgrade :frowning:

Considering the number of problems people have had with version 8 firmwares I don’t know if I would say dumb.

While the suggested upgrade path does include 8.14 I have never had any problems when skipping firmwares even to the point of having some 7.07 SM’s that skipped to 8.2 through autoupdate. If you decide you still want it I should still have my 8.14 files someware and i can throw them on an FTP server for awhile.

we go 7.29 7.3.6 8.1.5.1 8.2.2 if you look in the firmware release note, which you really should read, they have an upgrade path tree

Currently the vast majority of my Canopy Wireless Network is running

v7.0.7 - v7.3.6

Good!

I am in process now of bringing all of my P9's up to 7.3.6 in Hardware Scheduling.

Better!

and yes, I am very dumb for having waited sooooo long to upgrade Sad

No, smart, very very smart. You saved yourself much pain. I learned from 6.0 to never ever install an update on it's first pass.

8.3 is a stop-gap to fix some issues present in 8.2. Since you have no issues, I would encourage you to go ahead and get everything except BH's to 7.3.6/HW scheduling and stop. Install new P10 SM's with 8.3.

Co-Located BH's in the same band as AP's should be on 7.0.7 for now.

Unless there is some compelling reason, wait for 9.0 to upgrade your AP's, and P7/P8/P9 SM's.

Hi I have a mix of 7.36 and 8.15 and 8.22. I did have serious issues with 8.21. Is 8.3 any better? Should I just stay with 7.36? I thought version 8 gives increased processed packets. Is this right?

Wait. You should see a new stable release in the next few weeks.

Increased packets are not worth the pain of buggy software.