R195W PPPoE / WebUI Bug

Using PPPoE as "WAN IP Mode" on the Network --> WAN --> settings page   /internet/mwan.asp  we can successfully set up a PPPoE connection.  Making other changes in the UI, Saving and Rebooting can BREAK the PPPoE configuration, effectively resulting in a truck roll to fix things.

Normally configuring PPPoE creates a file named  /etc/options.pppoe_eth2.1  with the following contents:

noauth
user 'apartment5a'
password 'apartment5a-password'
hide-password
noipdefault
nodefaultroute
nodetach
usepeerdns
noresolvset
maxfail 0
g902n_rostelcom_pppoe_feature 0
persist
holdoff 1
ipcp-accept-remote
ipcp-accept-local
lcp-echo-failure 10
lcp-echo-interval 5
ktune
default-asyncmap nopcomp noaccomp
novj nobsdcomp nodeflate
plugin /etc_ro/ppp/plugins/rp-pppoe.so eth2.1

Making a change to QoS Badwidth setting at Network--> QoS-->  /internet/QoS.asp  Saving and Rebooting will result in the creation of a file named  /etc/options.pppoe_KeepAlive  with the following contents:

noauth
user 'apartment5a'
password 'eth2.1'
hide-password
noipdefault
nodefaultroute
nodetach
usepeerdns
noresolvset
maxfail 0
g902n_rostelcom_pppoe_feature 0
ipcp-accept-remote
ipcp-accept-local
lcp-echo-failure 10
lcp-echo-interval 5
ktune
default-asyncmap nopcomp noaccomp
novj nobsdcomp nodeflate
plugin /etc_ro/ppp/plugins/rp-pppoe.so KeepAlive

This can be reproduced with

Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Windows 10) and Firefox 76.01 (Ubuntu 20.04)

I see that this issue is still happening. I was wondering if there has been any update to this issue?

Lachlan

Hi ,

Fix for this issue is in 4.7.1 and 4.7.2.
Issue was reported in 4.6.

Regards,
Nilesh

Hi Nilesh,

I am running 4.7.2 R10 and still having this issue when configuring with Chrome.

Hi ,

Can you describe the issue in details ? Is it same as mentioned on top of this thread ?
The issue here was , when we were changing any configuration PPPoE password used to change . If its same, can you send me content of the file mentioned in thread, to my mail nileshkumar.singh@cambiumnetworks.com , I will verify this locally also and update you.

Regards,
Nilesh