R200 Alarm "Admin Status is down on one or more interfaces"?

I have several R200 devices registered, but I just configured and deployed one this afternoon. 

This R200 shows an Alarm stating "Admin Status is down on one or more interfaces". What does this mean? 

I'll do some trial and error testing with my test devices in the next few days, but it'd be good to know what I'm looking for. 

Thanks - Chris

Hi ,

This happens with R200 when any of the LAN interfaces is down or disconnected from a device.

Please check whether any of the LAN ports are connected initially with some devices and then those devices/connections are removed. Whenever this happens cnMaestro will raise an Alarm to indicate that one or more LAN ports status is down.

@kreddum wrote:

...Please check whether any of the LAN ports are connected initially with some devices and then those devices/connections are removed. Whenever this happens cnMaestro will raise an Alarm to indicate that one or more LAN ports status is down.

I initially configured the router from a LAN port. Thank you for the explanation.

How is this alarm cleared? I can only seem to "acknolwedge" it.

Hi Chris,

Alarms are automatically cleared when the device tells cnMaestro that the issue causing the alarm has been fixed.  In this case it would be cleared by the device sending an "Admin Status is up" event to cnMaestro.

Do you consider that LAN port being disconnected to be the desired state of the device?  Meaning, this alarm isn't an actual problem.

-Jordan

@Jordan wrote:

...Do you consider that LAN port being disconnected to be the desired state of the device?  Meaning, this alarm isn't an actual problem.

Correct. I only connected a computer to the LAN to log in and test configurations. Now that I am done, I no longer need anything connected to it.

Thank you for your feedback.

The team discussed this and we decided to start treating these device messages as event-only.  It does not seem benefitial to treat them as full blown alarms.

Once this is implemented existing Link State alarms (including the one you currently have) will be automatically cleared and deleted.  We will continue to track these messages under the Events view.  I checked this view and we are displaying the interface name that has gone up/down, so this should be more helpful for debugging.

This update is being tracked under CNSSNG-2310.