R201 fails to send registration to VoIP provider after upgrading from 4.3-R9 & 4.3.4-R8 to 4.4.2-R2

I have roughly 50 R201 & R201P's with VoIP on the FXS ports. Using the 4.3.4-R8 & 4.3-R9 software the devices registered to my VoIP provider veryeasily. After starting to use the 4.4.2 R2 upgrade I cannot get any new R2012's to register with the VoIP provider. The R201's indicate registration in their gui and I can make outbound calls if outbound without registration is selected.

I have worked with the VoIP provider who indicates that the 4.4.2-R2 devices are not sending any registration request.We attempted registration on multiple sip servers including adding the R2012 to existing accounts that had a registered R201 using 4.3.4-R8 and the devices would not send out registration requests to register with the provider.

Working with Cambiuim I received a stack of questions which were answered including screen captures and e-mails between the VoIP provider and Cambium however nothing is resolved and to date I cannot use the R201's for any further VoIP service.

Has anyone had registration issues since upgrading? Is there a new setting, etc that we are unaware of?

We are using Maestro cloud, there is not a STUN config used by the VoIP provider so registration should be pretty straight forward. Any assistance would be helpful as I have numerous ports scheduled and am being forced back to Grandstream if I can't resolve the issue.

1 Like

Can anyone provide a downlink to 4.3.4-R8 so that I can downgrade R201's to temp resolve the issue with SIP registration?

Could you send the configuration and syslogs to Sandeshkumar.b@cambiumnetworks.com.

We have been unable to register as well. This is our first deployment with Cambioum R Series using SIP services

We were able to determine that the R-series router is sending the registration information as PHONENUMBER@SIPSERVER instead of ACCOUNT@SIPSERVER

Were unable to put the ACCOUNT information in the PHONENUMBER field as a work around because the PHONENUBER field requires numbers only.

Not sure if this has to do with the firmware upgrade or not since this is our first SIP deployment and we have the newer firmware. We got ours to work by changing the account name on the SIP server to match the phone number and on the R-series router put the server name in the Proxy Server field, put the phone number in both the Account field and the Phone NUmber field, and of course the password in the Password field.

Hope this helps,

As discussed this was a configuration issue, now it is resolved .Please let us know if you have any other  queries