R201 Set Up on a Viasat Modem, How do I control and set up configurations remotely

I just started a WISP however, I am now using the cnPilot R201's for existing satellite clients when their current router goes out, this way I can manage through cnMaestro.  I see I can view the configuration, but how can I actually change the configuration.  My understanding when I purchased this router was that we can remotely configure, and take advantage of some traffic shaping properties for specific devices.  Example customer has 3 smart TV's and a limited amount of bandwidth, so I want to first monitor these devices and see how much bandwidth each are pulling and then go in and restrict them to a managable speed that will still allow them to operate without sucking up all the data.  Plus I would like to set one default profile for these customers and then further customize individual clients, remotely.  How, been looking for instructions.

Hi drvarner,

I will get back to you in a day .

Regards,

Nilesh

Hi Drvarner,

cnPilot R201's can be managed remotly .
For configuring R201 you can check help(https://cnmaestro-help.cloud.cambiumnetworks.com/2.0.0/index.htm#UG_files/WiFi/Profile%20Based%20Configuration.htm%3FTocPath%3D_____12) topic under Configuration: Wireless LAN . If you still need more clarification , please reach out to us.
Pushing Rate limit configuration from cnMaestro has some issue , but you can do the same from device GUI. Please see attached screen capture of GUI for limitig Upload/Download traffic to 10Mbps for client 192.168.11.175.

Regards,

Nilesh

Hi Drvarner,

You can use user-defined overrides in cnMaestro to configure rate Limit to a particular client .

DBID_QOS_ENABLE=1
DBID_QOS_UPSTREAM=1024000
DBID_QOS_DOWNSTREAM=1024000

SwQosRule=RuleName=uploadlimit,SrcIP4=192.168.11.175,Drop=no,Re_Ratelimit=10240;RuleName=downloadlimit,DestIP4=192.168.11.175,Drop=no,Re_Ratelimit=10240

DBID_QOS_ENABLE=1 --> Enables QOS

DBID_QOS_DOWNSTREAM=1024000  --> Global rate limit for router 

DBID_QOS_UPSTREAM=1024000  --> Global rate limit for router .

SwQosRule=RuleName=uploadlimit,SrcIP4=192.168.11.175,Drop=no,Re_Ratelimit=10240;RuleName=downloadlimit,DestIP4=192.168.11.175,Drop=no,Re_Ratelimit=10240 --> Upload and download limit for client 192.168.11.175 at 10Mbps.

RuleName -- > Can be any name, only characters allowed are , Alphabet, digits and uderscore(_).

Re_Ratelimit --> rate limit for rule in kbps.

SrcIP4 -->  Give client IP to rate limit on upload.

DestIP4 --> Give client IP to rate limit on download.

Let me know if you need any help configuring it.  You can reach out to me at nsi100@cambiumnetworks.com

Regards,

Nilesh