R8.1 - Read "AND" Test before Deploying

Make sure you read the release notes and TEST in your lab before you deploy on your live network :smiley: …there are some really cool new features that need a good understanding… :shock:

For example, R8 fixed AutoNegotiation…and for those of you who use Cisco devices (instead of a CMM) this fix could be a challenge…

why…

Those of you who know CISCO’s version of AutoNegotiation, it works WELL with other Cisco devices…but sometimes doesn’t play nicely with the industry-standard form of AutoNegotiation that is on everybody else’s equipment. :roll:

Also, if you invoke SM Isolation (to prevent SM-to-SM broadcasts <virus, bugs, broadcast storms>), make sure you test VLANs using that first. :wink:

LOTS OF COOL NEW STUFF…Canopy classes will be updated with new R8 features (will try to post some of them here as we develop)…

thanks for the info…

Hi,
I have two problems with the new firmware, hope somebody can help.
1. Where are the hidden settings? I miss the ‘configuration.html’ page. I must have this again.
2. We use 5.4 Ghz system. We had the DFS feature disabled on all access points and backhauls. Now the SM also has the feature. The SNMP permission is read only. Is there a way to disable DFS on all SMs, without manually changing SNMP accessibility, and then telnet to all of them? We don’t use Prizm, and we are not planning to do so in future.

Can you go back to 7.3.6?? :shock:

My understanding is that you can

Yes, you CAN go back with the present hardware (because it ‘first’ had the older version O/S you ‘can’ return to 7.3.6).

At a later date, if you purchas a new SM/AP/‘thing’ that comes from the factory with 8.x on it, ‘that’ will be equipment which will not allow (restrictions built into the system) a 6.x or 7.x software package to be installed.

This is because Moto pays for a license (per unit) for pre 8.x software (read O/S) and it would get Moto in Mucho Hot(o) Water(o) (Agua Calliente’) if they allowed pre-8.x software onto a piece of equipment that Moto had not paid a license-fee for.

Hope that heps ‘splain it mo’ betta’…

Going back to erkan’s post…does anyone how to acces the configuration.html page?
We has access to very cool stuff on ver. 7.3.6 and I will love to keep doing it on 8.1 ver.

You can go back - however - I have seen several that appeared to go back from 8.x to 7.3.6 - at least that is what CNUT showed it as but the radio itself still showed the 8.x login and screens… Kinda weird…

I then proceed to upgrade it again to 8.x and then back to 7.3.6 and this usually fixes the confused device…

I have had to deal with this alot - during the 8.x beta we had to revert back to 7.3.6 everytime there was a new version of 8.x. before moving back up to the newest beta version of 8.x. I have gone through this particular process and downgraded / upgraded radios thousands of times…too many to think about - I just got tired head - too late…