Radio Mobile

thanks for the plots, they work great for the integrated AP’s.

How did you define the actual pattern? I have an AP with a 45deg antenna.

Thanks for the radiosys.dat info for Canopy!!

i added to my radiosys.dat.

i have some questions, i still dont know what type of antenna use with the radiosys.dat info that you provided. or how i can force a cardio antenna to 6 degrees or 60 degrees. all what i need is in the radiosys.dat?

thanks. i would appreciate any informations.

Fernando.

Venezuela.

Paul Ostergaard wrote:

I uploaded two files that we generated for 120 deg and 60 deg sectors to the Radio Mobile forum some time back.

Hi Paul, where i can found those files. i still have the doubt of what type of antenna use with the radiosys.dat. :oops: :roll: thanks in advance.

Fernando G.

Venezuela.

Lesenfants, you need to download the appropriate antenna pattern files from the files section on the Yahoo forum for Radio mobile.

Jerry, I used an antenna pattern editor (see Yahoo forum files section again) to define the pattern. There is an excel spreadsheet in there that helps you with the definition. Not having an explicit pattern file for the 60 deg integrated unit, I searched the web until I found something “comparable”, ie. same beamwidth and similar (observed) front to back ratio. The 120 deg file is based on the Cyclone 120 deg integrated AP.

Paul

PS: In Australia we are limited to 1W (30dBm) EIRP for the 900MHz gear - for those of you operating in jurisdictions that allow 4W, you will need to update the radiosys.dat file with a bit more output power for the 900MHz systems.

You are a Saint!

Thanks