Radio shows In Session but doesn't seem to be.

I have seen this now on two towers at two different times. Changing out the SM seem to fix it but I can’t figure out what is going on. Here’s what I have.

I had to reboot an AP and all the SMs come back as In Session but on teh Session Status it shows NA/NA for Jitter and Power Level. On the Remote Subscribers List, it lists the SM by it’s LUID rather than the Site Name as seen here:

Remote Subscriber Modules
01.LUID: 017 - [0a-00-3e-95-9a-19]
02.1000 Burgess Rd. - [0a-00-3e-95-18-16] - LUID: 007
03.1040 Reed Kinman Rd. - [0a-00-3e-96-12-a8] - LUID: 003
04.1990 chipman ridge rd - [0a-00-3e-94-66-04] - LUID: 006
etc…

If i reboot the AP, that customer may register with the AP fine and another random one or two customers will them have the same problem. As long as their SM is in this state, there is no service and you cannot remote into it.

Any suggestions or experinece with this? I have some costomers who have been on this tower for 2 years with no problems. Some of them are a little ways away, some are very close. No one is outside of 6 miles.

Thanks in advance!
Roy

What software are you running? There were some problems with older firmware that when an SM lost it’s registration it did not realize it and not attempt a re-reg. This is why rebooting is solving it. I wanna say that was version 8.x but it’s been a while. We are running 10.5 on everything and have not seen that occur.

jmaysww wrote:
What software are you running? There were some problems with older firmware that when an SM lost it's registration it did not realize it and not attempt a re-reg. This is why rebooting is solving it. I wanna say that was version 8.x but it's been a while. We are running 10.5 on everything and have not seen that occur.

I'm currently running 10.3.2

Does your ap sync to receive or generate sync? Check your area for another ISP that may not be using a CMM