Radius authentication every hour with EPMP

Sorry if i selected the wrong location to dicuss this. Brand new to this.......

Hello, i was wondering if this is a problem we are only having or if we are missing some settings, we have radius set up for all our equipment, cambium and epmp, and it seems that epmp is the only one that authenticates every hour. I was wondering if there is a known fix or why its doing this. Thanks for any input

@Crazyjoey1999 wrote:

Sorry if i selected the wrong location to dicuss this. Brand new to this.......

Hello, i was wondering if this is a problem we are only having or if we are missing some settings, we have radius set up for all our equipment, cambium and epmp, and it seems that epmp is the only one that authenticates every hour. I was wondering if there is a known fix or why its doing this. Thanks for any input

Hello,

Are you looking for it to authenticate more often or less often? 

Sakid

That's normal and is used to look for updates that have happened to the user account.  For example, if the user account went inactive (ex. for non-payment) The SM will disconnect automatically.  Or, if you were pushing QoS MIR setting to the SM via RADIUS and upgraded a user, the SM would pick those up at the next re-auth.

less often, and im only comparing it to canopy radios, where canopy radios re authenticate when something happens to the radio, i.e it gets rebooted, it gets disconnected and reconnected, it loses sync with the AP it just just re-authenticates.  EPMP seems to just do it every hour, which makes it harder to trouble shoot a customer if its showing its going out every hour. 

first picture is canopy and the second is the epmp... just wanted to show the difference