Radius.....

What benefits does Radius bring to Prizm? Is there anything extra it offers then to just use normal Mysql for authentication?

The only benefit would be if you already had all of your client information processing through radius, or wanted to limit clients based on data transferred or time online. The main thing radius might give you is the accounting/decision making abilities built into it. My understanding is that radius support is only there if you really need to integrate with your already-present management, or do conditional limiting.

If you aren’t already using it, I wouldn’t don’t bother. If you are already using it and it meets a need that Prizm by itself won’t, go ahead.

Thanks , I thought as much.

While radius in and of itself probably brings nothing to Prizm, it can bring a whole lot to a “larger” organization (read that more customer base) in terms of managment capability. Once you build the basic templates for the bandwidth control you want if you sell tiered pricing models, then radius will implement those quite faithfully. The real benefit we saw from radius is that ours is tied to (the radius file is generated by) our billing system, so when Joe don’t pay, he doesn’t get to play… Once they come in or give us a cc for the bill, the system “un-locks” the account and within minutes it is back online…