Re: Rate Adapt OIDs

Does epmp have reflector dishes available yet through Cambium?  We tested the 5.8 units shortly after launch and had very bad luck with them.  We were lucky to reach 1/4 mile without reflectors and the couple different dishes we tested from other vendors were complete junk.  My boss is really pushing me to give these another try, but we have been having much better results with another manufacturers hardware.  What kind of distances are you acheiving with these modules these days?

@jmay wrote:

Does epmp have reflector dishes available yet through Cambium?  We tested the 5.8 units shortly after launch and had very bad luck with them.  We were lucky to reach 1/4 mile without reflectors and the couple different dishes we tested from other vendors were complete junk.  My boss is really pushing me to give these another try, but we have been having much better results with another manufacturers hardware.  What kind of distances are you acheiving with these modules these days?

You might not be aware, but the ePMP and PMP450 have completely different development teams.  

From Cambium you get the ePMP force 100, which is a 25dbi dish and connectorized ePMP unit for $129.

From 3rd parties you can use the integrated ePMP with a reflector from WB Mfg, and you can use the connectorized unit with the ITElite panel (or probably any antenna with appropriate connectors or adapters).

@jmay wrote:

jmay - This session is targeted at the PMP 450 product line, and I think you are referring to the ePMP products.  However, to answer your question, yes, there is a reflector dish part for the ePMP product line. It's part number: 

C050900H008A.

I can't speak to the distances on ePMP (as I am the PMP 450 product manager), but on PMP 450, we can certainly support quite lengthy links where necessary (up to 40 miles).  However, bear in mind that when extremely long distances, the sector capacity decreases in order to support those subscribers.

@jmay wrote:

Does epmp have reflector dishes available yet through Cambium? What kind of distances are you acheiving with these modules these days?

Hi jmay  -  The  ePMP Force is a combination ePMP Radio and 25 dBi dish.  They connect together and work very, very well at some amazing distances and performance.  The old 'reflectors' are OK, but these new Force dishes connect directly to the antenna connectors.  Also, the newer firmwares are much better than you probably experimented with earlier, but the new firmware works much better now.

GIVE THEM ANOTHER SHOT!  ;)
1 Like