re registers on 900

we have a 900 ap in a small town that has recently begun to have re registers on almost every user. we have users from one mile to 18 miles. the longer distance seems worse but not that much worse. 10-12 re registers per 24 hrs on the long hauls and 4-5/ 24 hr on the short ones. link tests are 100% rssi on even long hauls are 1400 1500 dbi in 70’s
I’m pulling my hair out. this seems to have started about the time we went to 6.1. support said going to 7.0 would fix it---- suprise it didn’t. we are on hardware scheduling does that make any difference
thoughts

Since this started randomly here are my ideas:
1. Someone lit up a transmitter nearby on your frequency
2. There is water on a connector either at the AP or at the CMM or switch
3. Your AP got blown and/or moved
4. one of your clients got a virus as is blasting your AP with spew

we have an omni it didn’t get moved

I have replaced the antenna with the maxrad and it didn’t help

there are no wet connectors including the antenna

I have replaced the AP. there are no other 900 isp unoits in this town unless someone has a 900 cordless phone or someting like that

How long did this work before you started having problems?

md wrote:
we have an omni it didn't get moved

I have replaced the antenna with the maxrad and it didn't help

there are no wet connectors including the antenna

I have replaced the AP. there are no other 900 isp unoits in this town unless someone has a 900 cordless phone or someting like that

Not to change the subject of this thread, BUT...

How on EARTH are you getting 18 miles out of an omni antenna?? I still don't understand how some people get such range out of omnis. The most we can seem to get here is only 6-7 miles! :evil:

Do you have any tips or tricks to suggest?

it seems fixed as of today. I watched the Spectrum Analyzer for about 15 min at 6 this morning and kept refreshing. I saw spikes at 915 906 and horrible bleed over at 924 from paging about 3 miles away. I changed to 910 and haven’t had a re-register all day. This was installed last August and has worked OK until recently.

The omni works fine over the horizon we have 2 sites17 and 18 miles with yagi’s at 13 db. signal strength is in the 70’s

I am going to switch to a horiz pol omni soon though after seeing what I saw today.

I should add that to get 18 miles, we are up 120ft on each end