Real throughput on EPMP

Hi all!

We’re using ePMP for some time now.
We build microcells so our customers are mostlly 1Km away. We have pretty clear spectrum, we’re only one Wisp in area.
What do you offer to your customers?
What packets can you offer on 802.11n and what you offer or expect to offer on 802.11ac?
With how many subscribers per AP?
What do you use for router/AP for customers?
Thx in advance

1 Like

The Wireless ISPs here should have some good advice for you.

Ray

On ePMP1000 5g, we average 50-65 customers per panel running 40mhz channel width.

For noting purposes, our customers range from 0.5mi to 12mi from the access point. 

In clear weather realistic throughput on those panels ranges from 65-80mbps. It drops when it rains as modulations drop.

We offer rate plans of 1.5m/768k, 3m/1.5m, 6m/2m, 10m/4m, up to 50m/20m

We swapped the ePMP1000 gear for 3000, so far customers have better links, but we are still only seeing 70-80mbps at peak. We are also seeing SM disconnects far more frequent with the firmwares for backwards/forwards compatibility not being fully stable yet. 

the Force 300-25 radios are getting same PL/links as a connectorized ePMP1000 on 30db dish.

All our customers have bridged radios with Mikrotik routers running PPPoE

1 Like

Hi - where is your network located and what kind of terrain do you have?

We are ISP from Croatia. Nothern part, near Hungaryan border.

We just migrating from Mikrotik to Cambium. We have large network so we cover all kind of terrain.

We are doing Mikrotik to Cambium Elavate + Cambium SM's.

I just wan't to see what are best speeds/packages I can offer to my customers. From others experience.

My goal is to have max 30-35 customers per AP so I can give 70+ package to few of them if needed.

Package must always give 70% of 70Mbps (49Mbps) but I would like to open it so if AP is free, to get as much as possible, up to 100Mbps.

We are deploying now 3000L/3000 (depending how much customers is it covering) with, as I said, Elevated Mikrotik SXT's and mostly F180/190. We plan to replace F180/190 with F300/F300-16 for customers with highest packages.

Can I expect such results?

If so, how many clients would you recomend to give 70+ packet per AP?

1 Like

Thanks, I have forwarded your question to the development team.

Do you have any photos of your deployment?

HI there. 

Any feedback from development team?

Hi,

There is no universal answer because all the installations are created different. I would recommend to use Capacity Calculator and Linkplanner to get the throughput numbers for one of your planned installs. 

Using the throughput number and planned over subscription ratio you can assume the number of SMs.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Hey Skullz
Interesting information right there.
I am just starting out with having to setup a wisp. However I would like to test out the Epmp1000 with RF Elements 30deg horn antennas.
Are your Epmp1000 radios with GPS sync or not, the version I got is the one without. I am just not too sure whether it would make a huge difference seeing that I am using horn antennas.

All SM’s are less than 4Km away.
Also, if you care to share, what are the problems you experience with the 1000 radio for PTMP.

Hill there.
Tell me, what bridged SM’s do you make use of?

coolito said: "the version I got is the one without [GPS]. I am just not too sure whether it would make a huge difference seeing that I am using horn antennas."

Well, the ePMP without GPS sync, is basically a Subscriber Module. It is true that the 1000 series SMs do have a AP mode which you can choose, but they aren’t exactly the same hardware as the ePMP1000 APs are. The AP (with GPS sync) has faster CPU, more RAM, more PPS processing, better physical shielding, faster ethernet port… lots of differences. :slight_smile: Then the 2000 adds even more, including dynamic programmable filter (and Beam Forming antenna support).

IMHO, if you want to start on a budget, and still get a really potent AP, the 2000L AP is a really good product, and affordable to get into, yet scalable as your needs grow. :slight_smile:

1 Like