Recover password wifi

Hello, 

Is there a way to recover or know the password of wifi that we set in the AP, because is encrypted, or hide like you can see in the pic that I attach here?

Thank you

@FT wrote:

Hello, 

Is there a way to recover or know the password of wifi that we set in the AP, because is encrypted, or hide like you can see in the pic that I attach here?

Thank you

If you have configured the APs through cnMaestro you can view the passphrase in cnMaestro GUI (there is a 'show/hide' button next to the passphrase in that UI. The on-AP GUI does not currently support viewing passwords this way. The CLI also only shows the encrypted version of the password.

2 Likes

There is Chrome browser extensions available which if you use like below

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/showpassword/bbiclfnbhommljbjcoelobnnnibemabl

that should show the password in GUI. But to be noted, these extensions are not officially supported by Cambium so please use at your own discretion.

2 Likes

Good solution!! Thank you

I’ve tried Hover and Click as options within this Extension, and neither are working for a router running 4.7.1

Is this working for anyone else?

I had read somewhere (can’t find it now) that it would be easier to see the configured wifi password in future firmware versions. Can we get an update on that please?

Here is that other post, just found it

Next release will have this fix . We have added eye icon , next to password . By clicking on it you can see wifi Password. Feature will be available for both 2.4 and 5 GHz radio.

2 Likes