Region unlocked radios in AP mode

Ugh. Apparently we received more ROW radios re-labeled to US/FCC, but they are not locked to US. We attempted to use a couple regular connectorized radios in AP mode today and they kept complaining about region and would only work as "Generic ETSI". I figured out how to generate the license key for the region I want in AP mode. So, now if I factory default, it switches back to SM and reverts to "Follow AP". Then if I want to switch it back to AP mode, I have to put in the license key AGAIN.

Is there any way to lock these to US after putting in the region license key?

Hi George, 

Sorry about this. Sounds like you were shipped EU (ETSI) radios in error. 

Factory defaulting them will wipe out all configuration including the license key. One workaround is to configure it once and backup the config. Then when you factory default it, you can restore the config that you previously backed up. 

But it will be best to solve the original issue where you were given EU radios instead of FCC. Can you please send me an email at sriram@cambiumnetworks.com with the number of radios you received in error and who you bought them from. I will follow up on it and see if I can get replacement radios. 

Thanks,

Sriram

Hi.  I'm not in the USA and I have some US only ePMP radios.  Is it possible to get a ROW license somehow and apply to these AP's, or would sending them back and getting the proper radios be the only option.  I really don't want to have to climb and pull them down out of service if I don't have too.

@ninedd wrote:

Hi.  I'm not in the USA and I have some US only ePMP radios.  Is it possible to get a ROW license somehow and apply to these AP's, or would sending them back and getting the proper radios be the only option.  I really don't want to have to climb and pull them down out of service if I don't have too.

Hi ninedd, 

Please contact our support team: http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/support/contact-support/. They will be able to convert the radios to RoW, if you are able to give them remote access to the cli of the radio. 

Thanks,

Sriram

A post was split to a new topic: Convert FCC-locked radios to RoW