Release 4.3.0.1 is now available for the PTP 550

Release 4.3.0.1 is now available for the PTP 550

2 Likes

I am new to Cambium.

Really confused here:

Is the PTP550 really a ePMP product?

I see that the support files for PTP550 have a reference to ePMP.

Furthermore, I cannot find the section for ePMP2000 files.

Thanks in advance

@KB8DOA wrote:

I am new to Cambium.

Really confused here:

Is the PTP550 really a ePMP product?

I see that the support files for PTP550 have a reference to ePMP.

Furthermore, I cannot find the section for ePMP2000 files.

Thanks in advance

Maybe not so much an ePMP product... more like brother and sister. They both share very similiar internals and they share the same code base when being used for PtP use.

You can find the latest ePMP 1000/2000 3.5.5 firmware HERE.

Need DFS support on the 550 already. Please.

It would be really nice if DCS was available too.

no news on DCS you'd think it would be a port from the old ptp600 line of products more or less

On the spec sheet they metioned that DCS is available.

FALSE ADVERTISING BY CAMBIUM NETWORKS

@Khangwelo wrote:

On the spec sheet they metioned that DCS is available.

FALSE ADVERTISING BY CAMBIUM NETWORKS

What's "DCS"? If you're talking about DFS... then you can enable this by updating to 4.3.2-RC11. If you're talking about DSO... that will be available with a future firmware revision, as notated on the spec sheet:

*EDIT NOTE!* It appears that DCS is very similar to DSO and will be available with a future firmware update, as mentioned in forum posts.

DCS is Dynamic Channel Selection, and is similar to DSO in PTP6x0 products.  Sorry for the fine print, but this is noted in the spec sheet as supported in a future release.  This is pretty common amongst manufacturers, although I understand the frustration with all features being enabled out of the box.

DCS support is scheduled for late Q2 2019, as of this post.  Check out this webinar for more information.