Rescan Requests

Hello all,

I have a pair 5.2ghz MR BHM’s deployed under 1/4 mi apart. They worked great for about 8 months. All of the sudden, the slave unit wont stay associated with the master. When i checked the log, this is what i found:

Index: 1 Frequency: 5310.0 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-10-
Jitter: 2 RSSI: 1501 Power Level: -49 Beacon Count: 32 BRcvW: 0 DFS: 0 FEC: 0
Type: SinglePoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 51 Range: 931 feet TxBER: 0 EBcast: 0
Session Count: 33 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 30
FrameNumber: 801 Color Code: xxx BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: N/A
Frequency: 5310 NumULHalfSlots: 37 NumDLHalfSlots: 38 NumULContSlots: 1

I know that -49 is a bit hot for these devices. They are using 7.3.6 firmware between the two. Notice the regFail’s and Rescan Reg’s. Anyone have any idea? I have a tower climber sched. to climb and re-align these units. Otherwise, I’m a little lost as to what happened to this link.

My guess would be that you are seeing the effects of interference. If your RSSI and jitter have not changed significantly, that’s your next best place to look. After that, check your history and see if they stopped performing well after a lightning storm. We’ve had radios get good RSSI and jitter numbers, yet refuse to link, or at least do it very poorly due to lighting damage.

Switch the Master to a slave and do a spectrum analysis. Move to the quietest frequency.

you absolutely DO NOT need a tower climber. -49 indicates that the alignment is fine.

Thanks Jerry,

You were correct again. Turns out that another technician within my staff had the frequency of another 5.2ghz bh right on top of the one I was experiencing problems with. Once I moved my original up the band, they went back to functioning normally.

Your help is always appreciated,

Pnut

CVS,

Thanks for your help too, the both of you hit the nail right on the head.

Pnut