Reset password via Cnmaestro

I upgraded an ePMP1000 AP from 3.5.6 to 4.4.3. Everything went fine, clients reconnected, but now I can not log into the unit. It is saying the username and password are incorrect. 

I can still access the device with Cnmaestro. Is there a way to reset the password, or to find out what the current password is? 

Have you tried clearing the cache/history on your browser?

It's not possible to find out the password, but you can change it through cnMaestro.

Please find the link to community article:

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-3000-2000-and-1000/Automating-ePMP-Password-Changes-using-cnMaestro/td-p/72614

Thank you.

@Cheree King wrote:

Have you tried clearing the cache/history on your browser?

^^^  TRY THIS FIRST ^^^

This is probably just another browser cache issue - very common when you upgrade Cambium firmware. If you're using Chrome, you can do this - search for the IP address of the ePMP Radio(s), and that'll probably take care of it with no need to actually change passwords.

https://www.google.com/search?q=clear+cookies+specific+site+chrome&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA830CA830&oq=clear+cookis+speci&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.5359j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

1 Like

I tried the cache thing right away. I also tried 2 different browsers that had never been used to open that radio. Got the same response. 

I was able to view the configuration file from cnmaestro, but it does not contain the cambiumSysAccountsHash. 

Has that changed in the most recent firmware upgrades?

Bumping this to see if there is any new info on cambiumSysAccountsHash

The link you provided seems outdated since this does not exist in the current config file. 

Hi,

We will check if the hashed passwords are displayed in the configuration file in cnMaestro.

They are for sure shown in the configuration file downloaded from UI in Text format.

I believe even in case they are not shown, they can be applied through cnMaestro.

Thank you.

@Fedor wrote:

It's not possible to find out the password, but you can change it through cnMaestro.

Please find the link to community article:

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-3000-2000-and-1000/Automating-ePMP-Password-Changes-using-cnMaestro/td-p/72614

Thank you.

@ElbowWilham wrote:

I tried the cache thing right away. I also tried 2 different browsers that had never been used to open that radio. Got the same response. 

I was able to view the configuration file from cnmaestro, but it does not contain the cambiumSysAccountsHash. 

Has that changed in the most recent firmware upgrades?

You cannot view it in CNM, we have been down this rabbit hole in the past. Follow the link above, what you will want to do, log into a working radio, "backup" the config file in txt format, open the json with notepad++ or another editor, at the bottom of the file you will see the account, the first one named admin is the primary, you will want to copy that hash there into the provided script to put in cnm

{
  "device_props": {
    "cambiumSysAccountsTable": [
      {
        "cambiumSysAccountsName": "admin",
        "cambiumSysAccountsHash": "yOuRhA$h.",
        "cambiumSysAccountsUID": "1000",
        "cambiumSysAccountsGID": "4",
        "cambiumSysAccountsDir": "/tmp",
        "cambiumSysAccountsShell": "/usr/bin/clish"
      },

Now, this is one i already had in my CNM, i just pulled one from a 1000 radio on 4.4.3, it looks a little different

{
  "device_props": {
    "cambiumSysAccountsTable": [
      {
        "cambiumSysAccountsName": "admin",
        "cambiumSysAccountsHash": "yOuRhA$h",
        "cambiumSysAccountsUID": "1000",
        "cambiumSysAccountsGID": "4",
        "cambiumSysAccountsDir": "\/tmp",
        "cambiumSysAccountsShell": "\/usr\/bin\/clish"
      },