Router Help with Canopy

Well, we are finally getting our WISP off the ground and I have some questions concerning routers. We are starting very small with one or two AP sites being backhauled to our office. We have never been an ISP before this and we are in a steep learning curve.

We have pretty much got all of the basics down, and now we’re getting to the nuts and bolts of the design.

Our bandwidth provider does not offer router leasing or services. We are not Cisco Certified, but we have worked with CISCO routers and switches in the past.

I guess my question is should we just buy our first router off of ebay and wing it through all of the setup and maintenance or should we look for a company to lease routers from and get their tech support?

Also, we really don’t even know what to look for in a router. We are starting with one T1 at a time and will hopefully have a total of 4 T1’s within a year or two. We are primarily going to be running a 900MHZ system with two different AP sites. We may deploy a couple of 2.4 or 5.x sites in neighborhoods with few trees.

That is the basics of our setup and we need to get going. Any info on the routers that you guys use for your operations would be a great help.

We are currently useing imagestream. WWW.imagestream.com Their support is very fast and reliable for our needs