Rumor or does cambium have something up their sleeves

Hello

After the end of a webinar one of the cambium engineers said they are coming out with something new mid to end of september. He wouldn't give much but teased about it will fix or add a major piece of software to all wireless networks.

So heres hoping for 30mhz channels..!

what do you guys think it is.

New PMP 450Medusa  900 MHZ radio, there is a promotion for the 50% off for the PMP 450i. Who knows if the reason prices are cutting in half price ,it's because there is something new on the  Medusa series  

1 Like

The only hints that I'm going to give are that it's ePMP related and re-quote what the Cambium rep said in that it "add a major piece of software to all wireless networks"   :-)

This has nothing to do with the PMP product line. 

1 Like

Software as in use two smart beam forming antennas. One for the uplink and then with the new software update the same antenna can be added to the down link rpsma connectors giving mu-mimo in the epmp platform. I know wishful thinking. 

Did I guess right? If not then they should.

@John Ockert wrote:

Did I guess right?

Nope :-)

@tanner wrote:

Hello

After the end of a webinar one of the cambium engineers said they are coming out with something new mid to end of september.

Did this get announced and I missed it?  The suspense is killing me.

Rich

1 Like

Cambium always have something up their sleeves.    ;)

LOL Eric is the cat still not out of the bag?  Guys should have come to Wispapalooza!  Could have let you in on it there :)

@iellison wrote:

LOL Eric is the cat still not out of the bag?  Guys should have come to Wispapalooza!  Could have let you in on it there :)

I was at WISPAPALOOZA. The thing that I thought they were going to announce, they didn't, and another thing that I knew about, that I didn't think they were going to announce, they did... at WISPAPALOOZA. There was a quick blurb about a new ePMP Force 300 and some new flavors of 450 SM. If you have FB, you can view the roadmap HERE.

Yes I saw those pictures on TBW's facebook.  Wasn't a huge amount to get too excited over I thought.  My main interest is in the ePMP gear.  PMP450 range, whilst great tech, is too expensive for my market.

The F300 was a wow moment... but then realised it was PTP only.  So kinda cool and will look in to it, but there's already good backhaul options out there.

The F120 is (almost) a good step.  Been wanting something between 16 and 25dbi.  Not sure about the death-star dish design and a crazy decision to use only 100mbps ethernet!  They just need a smaller F200.  Customers in the urban areas just don't want a 40cm dish on their house.

Stuff about ePMP2K which I'm already across.

Stuff about American tower, which doesn't apply to me (not in America).

And I think that was about it, unless there was some secrets that you only got to know by being there? :)