Save Money, Buy Ubiquiti: Terrible Products, Terrible Software ePMP 3000

Thinking about deploying ePMP 3000 w/Force300-16/25 think again.

I have to say that this equipment is pretty much the worst that I have ever dealt with. Opened a new site and was excited to go live with cambium and offer higher speed plans. Got 6 customers deployed and I regret every single one of them. 3 Radios have had to be replaced. THAT'S 50%!!! Totally bad radios. 

Constant reboots, or boot cycles lasting for hours with no fix available. Our new customers that we promised the world to are now extremely unhappy because of this terrible hardware/software. Wish I could say that support was helpful in resolving our problems, but their only solution was to update to BETA firmware on live customer sites. Went ahead with 2 of our new customers and still nothing but problems. 

Needless to say, I won't be adding/buying any more of their products. Putting up ubiquiti APs and tearing down the cambium.

Wow, really sorry to hear you’ve had such a horrible experience with ePMP 3000. This is def not my experience and many other wisp’s using it. Granted firmware has been a work in (rapid) progress from hardware release around fall of last year, but with 4.4-RC30 we’re doing pretty well ATM. I think it’s also important to highlight the fact that it’s taken years (possibly 4+ by my count) for Ubiquiti to get to where they’re at with their AC product line and stability.

I think this is the second time you’ve posted in the forum? People recommended that you use 4.4-RC30, have you tried it? Why not ask the group for help and advice before putting out this flame post? Again, we’re running e3k just fine and so are a lot of other people. Also by asking questions in here the product managers and engineers can sometimes help directly and get data to fix these problems. They need to know what’s wrong to fix it and make it better!

5 Likes

Just want to add a note about crashes.
There was an issue on some F300-16 units. You need to flash 4.4-RC30 twice to solve it, so you’ll have 4.4-RC30 on both active and inactive flash.

We don’t have any reboot since 4.4-RC30 install.
I know that’s beta firmware but it’s very stable for production.

2 Likes

@NeatStranger wrote:

Thinking about deploying ePMP 3000 w/Force300-16/25 think again.

I have to say that this equipment is pretty much the worst that I have ever dealt with. Opened a new site and was excited to go live with cambium and offer higher speed plans. Got 6 customers deployed and I regret every single one of them. 3 Radios have had to be replaced. THAT'S 50%!!! Totally bad radios. 

Constant reboots, or boot cycles lasting for hours with no fix available. Our new customers that we promised the world to are now extremely unhappy because of this terrible hardware/software. Wish I could say that support was helpful in resolving our problems, but their only solution was to update to BETA firmware on live customer sites. Went ahead with 2 of our new customers and still nothing but problems. 

Needless to say, I won't be adding/buying any more of their products. Putting up ubiquiti APs and tearing down the cambium.

Hello,

We are really sorry to hear about all issues you have faced with F300s.

I went through the support tickets you have opened and I can see you were experiencing reboot issues with F300-16 and F300-25.

I can understand your disapointment and it's not really the quality level we used to provide to our customers.

I've checked logs and looks like you had a faulty batch of F300s. We were aware of reboot issue with some of F300-16s and the issue was fixed in 4.4-RC30. But your case is completely different.

We've replaced some of the radios you had. And I hope it will solve the issue.

We can allocate the dedicated Engineer to work with you directly and I believe we can solve all the issues now you were experiencing for a long time. Please let us know if we can help in any different way.

I am really sorry for all the inconveniences.

You can contact me directly at fedor.trutsko(at)cambiumnetworks(dot)com

Thank you.

4 Likes

Please contact me by private message. I am glad to help you.

Ray

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:
Wow, really sorry to hear you’ve had such a horrible experience with ePMP 3000. This is def not my experience and many other wisp’s using it. Granted firmware has been a work in (rapid) progress from hardware release around fall of last year, but with 4.4-RC30 we’re doing pretty well ATM. I think it’s also important to highlight the fact that it’s taken years (possibly 4+ by my count) for Ubiquiti to get to where they’re at with their AC product line and stability.

I think this is the second time you’ve posted in the forum? People recommended that you use 4.4-RC30, have you tried it? Why not ask the group for help and advice before putting out this flame post? Again, we’re running e3k just fine and so are a lot of other people. Also by asking questions in here the product managers and engineers can sometimes help directly and get data to fix these problems. They need to know what’s wrong to fix it and make it better!

My whole frustration with this is that I have had 2 support tickets open for 10 days, and it seemed like we were making very little progress. After updating both of the radios from 4.3.2.1, to 4.4RC30, the problems continued and in both radios has now gotten worse. By the end of the day I will have replaced both radios and have upset my customers with these constant problems. Hopefully with the new batch of radios we have in the office, success rates are higher than the first I received.

3 Likes

Thanks NeatStranger,

We are working with the support and development teams on this. We will hear from them soon.

Ray