Sector Mount?

Does anyone use a 4 secotr mount where you can mount them back to back to use less space. I have seen some of these brackets online but I am not sure if they are too close to each other to avoid self interference. Something like this https://www.telcoantennas.com.au/site/galvanised-mast-head-four-sector-cluster-mount

Or if anyone has suggestions on a 4 gang cluster mount. I will be using epmp 2.4 ghz 

Also can you power up 2 radios with one ethernet cable or will each need their own run. I was hoping I could run 2 of them to power up the 4 radios. 

Thanks 

we've used RF armors mounts for the epmp 2.4,  they are not specifically made for the EPMP, but they do bolt on and work well.   

each radio will need its own Ethernet run. you could use a top side switch like the netonix mini switch  http://www.netonix.com/wisp-switch/ws-6-mini.html

the switch gets power via POE and has a large enough link budget to run 5 epmp radios.  

1 Like

So do you use shields as well with these mounts? Or just the antennas? If you dont use shields are you concerned about self interference from the cluster mount being so close together to each radio or does epmp radio not have a problem like the UBNT gear?  I know with my UBNT 2.4 gear I would be able to do this. 

GPS takes care of the self interfence, don't need shields but i do highly recommend using the recommend antennas.

be sure you read and understand the GPS guide.. a few settings are key to having a seccessful GPS reuse setup.

we've got towers with 6 APs on each on 2.4  (photos in the stories)

1 Like

Can this be used to power up epmp 1000 2.4 ghz radios? If you made a change in the cabling would this work?

https://www.ubnt.com/edgemax/edgepoint/

If so what would each of the cable ends need to look like. 

any 802.1AF switch will work for the GPS APs.  the integrated units can be powered by 24v poe, any polarity. 

NO gound lug on that thing... i would'nt do it if i were you....

netonix makes a good topside switch that has grounding.    www.netonix.com

ground potential difference can be you're worst nightmare.    for us, NO grounding, not installed. period.   chris at netonix has a pretty easy to understand write up on ground potential issues if you are not fimilar with it. 

UBNT isn't exactly known for having the bugs worked out of there products at launch either. not sure how old that thing is. 

but it would power those APs if you wanted to use it. 

1 Like

@Chris_Bay wrote:

GPS takes care of the self interfence, don't need shields but i do highly recommend using the recommend antennas.

be sure you read and understand the GPS guide.. a few settings are key to having a seccessful GPS reuse setup.

we've got towers with 6 APs on each on 2.4  (photos in the stories)

@Chris_Bay you "highly recommend using the recommend antennas." can you elaborate on why?

Thanks.

X-pol in noisy and non line of sight situations is extremely helpful. Also if you compare the antennas edges to the competition you’ll see its much smoother. Most manufacturers antennas are -6 db at the edge, these are -3. They’ve got smaller “fingers” of wasted RF going down and back than most. Important so near tower cpes don’t hear the opposite ap as well. Overall if you compare the radiation graphs you’ll see its cleaner more even signal generated