Seriously ? 3000L can't do 48v ?

All our cabinates , 48v because everything runs on 48v and that's awesome !  The 1000GPS , 2000, 3000, 450i, AF11, Tiks,  will all run at 48V but the 3000L,14V to 30V Grrrrr... 

Yeah... for some reason Cambium decided to dumb down this product. No filtering, and you can't provide sync over ethernet to it either :-(

1 Like

Hi,

Going forward we are committed to use 48V. With ePMP3000L you can use 48->24 downconverters to power it up from 48V.

Thanks,
Dmitry

With ePMP3000L you can use 48->24 downconverters to power it up from 48V.

Thanks,
Dmitry

Because our enclosures are like the Tardus and infinitely big inside so I just love adding more wires and blocks and  things to fail and generate heat inside them...

Also, no Sync over power ? Really ? As much trouble as ePMP has with Sync someone at Cambium thought removing Synce over power was a good idea ?  

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

, and you can't provide sync overethernett to it either :-(

OMG how did I miss that ? (obviously the same way I missed they weren't 48v which I discovered plugging it into a 48v SynIjector...) 

The first 3000L we deployed the GPS didn't work for the first 2 weeks but it was a micropop that didn't need sync so I didn't care and didn't even notice when it started working after a mystery reboot. It has, as far as I know, worked ... no, wait, I went to check it before I claimed it had worked ever since and it isn't seeing a single sat right now...LOL OMG I WAS GOING TO PUT THESE ON TOWERS ! I never imagined I couldn't use sync over power.  I have like 10 of them setting here planned to go on towers when the weather clears and ...     well...  crap...

The ePMP 3000L does have an integrated GPS receiver for synchronization as well as an SMA connector in case an external 'puck' style receiver is preferred.

Most customers are reporting great results with the integrated receiver.  If you want to use the external puck it is available for purchase separately:  model # N000900L030A   ePMP External GPS Antenna

- Bruce

1 Like

@Bruce Collins wrote:

The ePMP 3000L does have an integrated GPS receiver for synchronization as well as an SMA connector in case an external 'puck' style receiver is preferred.

Most customers are reporting great results with the integrated receiver.  If you want to use the external puck it is available for purchase separately:  model # N000900L030A   ePMP External GPS Antenna

- Bruce

Well the first 3000L we got couldn't track a single sat right out of the box. I thought maybe it was the walls in my office and I was planning to use it on a Micropop where I didn't really need GPS sync so I didn't give it much thought. Install at the Micropop, still couldn't see a single sat. Put a puck on it because I was curious.. still no sats.  Oh well , don't need GPS sync here anyway.   Looking at the Cacti graphs a month later (we was having some other problems with the radio) I see that about two weeks after it was installed it rebooted itself and suddenly was seeing/tracking sats.    Still didn't need gps at this site so didn't turn on sync.  Then today, in this very thread I went to look at it before I told someone "It's worked ever since" and guess what, it wasn't seeing a single sat...

I have a shiny new 3000 in the air right now , no puck. It sees 18 sats but the number tracked constantly fluctuates between 10 and 14 , with SNR on the best one at 22 and 7 bounce between  0 and 20'ish...  two 2000's on the same tower just feet away keeping a constant 18 visible 15 tracked.

We've had nothing but trouble with ePMP's onboard sync. The idea of putting a ePMP product in the air without sync over power is just laughable in my opinion.